Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,163,771 times

Advertisements

I hate these people. Above all, these right-wing scumbags are phonies. They attempt to portray themselves as tough guys, but they are the most cowardly vermin you will ever encounter. They're frightened of everything and not a one of these cowards would have the balls to do what David Hernandez did in that situation. They'd be fumbling with their guns, panicking, and in all likelihood, running the other way. The vermin don't even have the balls to say it to this young man's face, cowards that they are. I hate these people.

Gabrielle Giffords hero faces anti-gay smear campaign in Arizona - Salon.com

Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,271,213 times
Why am I not surprised.

This should be an interesting thread ...

Old 08-27-2013, 10:21 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,311,369 times
“need someone who will support sports and cares about our kids” and “we need a REAL man on the Sunnyside Board.”

What kinds of ignorant people would think that just because someone is gay they do not care about sports and kids?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:21 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Not surprised either. Conservatives have long made gays a target by believing gays are not normal and should be ridiculed and never hold any kind of public office. They should be ashamed but I bet they aren't. I wait for the typical extreme right-wing C-D posters to come on and slam this guy.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:28 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,373,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I hate these people. Above all, these right-wing scumbags are phonies. They attempt to portray themselves as tough guys, but they are the most cowardly vermin you will ever encounter. They're frightened of everything and not a one of these cowards would have the balls to do what David Hernandez did in that situation. They'd be fumbling with their guns, panicking, and in all likelihood, running the other way. The vermin don't even have the balls to say it to this young man's face, cowards that they are. I hate these people.

and yet you're the one cowered down behind your keyboard lobbing insults ?

tell ya what, do a quick google search and you should be able to find a gunshow in your area.
feel free to go stand out front and lob these same insults in person.

nice rant by the way, it reminds me of a 5 yr old not getting to eat ice cream for breakfast

Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,271,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Not surprised either. Conservatives have long made gays a target by believing gays are not normal and should be ridiculed and never hold any kind of public office. They should be ashamed but I bet they aren't. I wait for the typical extreme right-wing C-D posters to come on and slam this guy.
Even worse, I'm dreading the usual venom spewing about Ms. Giffords for having the nerve to get shot and then actually expecting to be allowed to express her opinions on the matter. Once we had some gun nut call her a "vegetable" or something ugly like that on a thread ... good times.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
and yet you're the one cowered down behind your keyboard lobbing insults ?

tell ya what, do a quick google search and you should be able to find a gunshow in your area.
feel free to go stand out front and lob these same insults in person.

nice rant by the way, it reminds me of a 5 yr old not getting to eat ice cream for breakfast
The entire LGBT movement is full of children who do nothing more but complain. Trust me, I work with a group of them and they are constantly going to HR about baby things like "He broke my CD", "he tore up my papers", "he is harassing me about my parking space", etc. It's mind numbingly childish, but I get a kick out of it.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,374,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

So in a post you complain about one political ideology portraying a certain segment of the population in negative and narrow terms, then continue your discussion to do the very same thing you are accusing the "cowardly vermin" on the right of doing? I could care less what a person's sexual preference is, if their actions saved the life of a fellow human being, they are a hero. I could care less what a persons politics are, if they put themselves in harms way to save another, they are a hero.

Please, continue your lecture on how closed minded the right is once you are done placing an entire group in a tidy little box that matches your tiny little mind.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,311,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The entire LGBT movement is full of children who do nothing more but complain. Trust me, I work with a group of them and they are constantly going to HR about baby things like "He broke my CD", "he tore up my papers", "he is harassing me about my parking space", etc. It's mind numbingly childish, but I get a kick out of it.
And I work as an advocate for the LGBT community in making sports more inclusive for gays, and I will tell you there are more gay athletes then there are fringe right wing athletes. So their perception of sports are way off.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So believe it is ok to harass people who are LGBT and then you get upset when you get in trouble for it? Thanks for showing us your true self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies