Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,953,955 times

Advertisements

Why is there faux outrage by the US Government on the issue of a possible Syrian chemical attack?
Sources show that our own Government provided Saddam Hussein with critical intelligence on the location of Iranian troops, which Hussein would then use to launch one of the most "gruesome chemical weapons attacks ever".

Of course, Saddam Hussein would later be depicted by US Corporate Media as a violent dictator that must be brought down. In the constant rhetoric there was no mention of the fact that the US put Hussein in power and aided him throughout his gruesome regime.

What are the real goals in the Middle East? The US has propped up violent Dictator after violent Dictator and has pools of blood on it's hands for there to be any hope of credibility/respect. It has even overthrown Democratically elected Governments due to non-compliance with USA, Inc ® and the violent/despotic Neo-Liberal/Neo-Con goals.

If the US does decide to attack Syria, what is the real reason in your opinion?

Docs: U.S. Gave Iraq Critical Intel for Chemical Attack on Iran | Democracy Now!

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,779 times
Giving Saddam intelligence on Iran's troop deployments isn't giving him the OK to use chemical weapons.

Besides, I thought Saddam had no WMD?

You also say that the USA aided him....however, if that were true, all his weaponry wouldn't have been Russian and French. Russian tanks, MIGs, and AK47 rifles as well as French Mirage.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Giving Saddam intelligence on Iran's troop deployments isn't giving him the OK to use chemical weapons.

Posted with TapaTalk

Insane logic. The Chemical Attacks on Iran happened throughout the 1980's, the worst in 1988. The US knew as early as 1983 and did nothing (because Hussein was still obedient to USA, Inc.), even though the attacks were far worse than anything in Syria today.

At least USA, Inc. and the Neo-Liberal agenda have undisclosed reasons for wanting military involvement in Syria, but why do you personally support it?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The Chemical Attacks on Iran happened throughout the 1980's. The US knew as early as 1983 and did nothing, even though the attacks were for worse than anything in Syria today.

At least USA, Inc. and the Neo-Liberal agenda have undisclosed reasons for supporting military involvement in Syria, but why do you personally support it?
Did I say anything about supporting a Syrian intervention?

I said that giving Saddam intelligence on Iranian troop deployment is not giving them an OK to use chemical weapons.

From everything I have ever read on the topic, it wasn't until much later that it was ever confirmed chemical weapons were used.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Did I say anything about supporting a Syrian intervention?

I said that giving Saddam intelligence on Iranian troop deployment is not giving them an OK to use chemical weapons.

From everything I have ever read on the topic, it wasn't until much later that it was ever confirmed chemical weapons were used.

Posted with TapaTalk
If you read the article I posted, you'll see the US clearly knew of the attacks. Don't take my word for it though:

Air Force Col. Rick Francona (military attaché in Baghdad during the 1988 strikes)

"The Iraqis never told us that they intended to use nerve gas. They didn't have to. We already knew."

"According to recently declassified CIA documents and interviews with former intelligence officials like Francona, the U.S. had firm evidence of Iraqi chemical attacks beginning in 1983".

"The CIA declined to comment for this story."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Is it hard being an apologist for such a hypocritical and corrupt Government? It must be extremely difficult constantly justifying all the irrationality and inconsistency in history.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 08-26-2013 at 10:26 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:

You also say that the USA aided him....however, if that were true, all his weaponry wouldn't have been Russian and French. Russian tanks, MIGs, and AK47 rifles as well as French Mirage.

Posted with TapaTalk
Here's a time line that you should find interesting. Amongst other important points, it speaks of the US sending biological cultures which are precursors to bioweapons to Iraq.

Why do Americans believe that this government hasn't played dirty in order to achieve it's goals?

The US was the most vocal in its want to get into it with Iran, and didn't have the backing of other countries and was faced with a threat from Russia (and China, which has been absent since the use of chemical weapons).

The US has been training and supplying arms at the Jordan/Syria border to the SFA and other "rebel" groups who want to see Assad fall (not knowing which of those rebel groups would turn on the US to gain control of Syria). What better way to get countries to join the party than the use chemical weapons?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM

27,688 posts, read 16,178,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why is there faux outrage by the US Government on the issue of a possible Syrian chemical attack?
Sources show that our own Government provided Saddam Hussein with critical intelligence on the location of Iranian troops, which Hussein would then use to launch one of the most "gruesome chemical weapons attacks ever".

Of course, Saddam Hussein would later be depicted by US Corporate Media as a violent dictator that must be brought down. In the constant rhetoric there was no mention of the fact that the US put Hussein in power and aided him throughout his gruesome regime.

What are the real goals in the Middle East? The US has propped up violent Dictator after violent Dictator and has pools of blood on it's hands for there to be any hope of credibility/respect. It has even overthrown Democratically elected Governments due to non-compliance with USA, Inc ® and the violent/despotic Neo-Liberal/Neo-Con goals.

If the US does decide to attack Syria, what is the real reason in your opinion?

Docs: U.S. Gave Iraq Critical Intel for Chemical Attack on Iran | Democracy Now!

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy
Could it be a pipeline? yes
Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline Must Tempt Europe

Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,943,287 times
I don't know why the US even pretends to be above committing war crimes. The whole world knows we aren't. Maybe it's an ignorant sect of our citizens who doesn't believe it? Anyway, it's sad that this news doesn't surprise me. One day our chickens will come home to roost.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Could it be a pipeline? yes
Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline Must Tempt Europe
Interesting article.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Here's a time line that you should find interesting.
Where is this timeline you speak of?

Posted with TapaTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies