Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 AM

15,054 posts, read 8,624,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
“In a moment of refreshing candor, the co-chair of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) working group III told the truth about the global warming scare. The real point, according to Dr. Ottmar Edenhofer, is to “redistribute the world’s wealth.”

CFACT shared his statement on a new billboard, right outside the Rockies 50,000+ seat ball park in Denver, Colorado.

“This same Dr. Edenhofer recently advised the World Bank to divert funds away from helping developing nations advance and into global warming,” CFact continues. “Keeping the poor, poor, is not sound economic policy.”

'We Redistribute World's Wealth By Climate Policy,' says whistle-blowing billboard
I've said this before, and I'll say it again .... even a confession from the crooks own mouths won't faze the brainwashed in any way. It's a "conspiracy theory" mumbles the droolers ... that's their automatic reaction to any attempt to inform and educate them with facts.

Nevertheless .... for Millions of years the earth's climate has cycled from cold to warm and back to cold again ... from glacial to interglacial and back to glacial periods. So there will always be either warming or cooling taking place, depending on where in that natural cycle you are .... coming out of a glacial period requires warming ... approaching the next glacial period will see cooling. Warming is good ... ice ages, not so much ... and even that relatively elementary logic escapes the CO2 nuts. I guess these crazies plant their gardens in the fall, rather than the spring, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I wouldn't call Ice Age Now big news, Laura.

And, for the record, I think the worlds climate is changing. But what I am not completely sold on, is if it is 100% man's fault. It may be that a natural change has been accelerated somewhat by our pollution of the atmosphere.
You got the part about natural change right but lost your point by saying too much.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Oh yeah, and the planet is in on the deal by actually raising global temperatures.
Or not.

Global warming 'on pause' but set to resume - Telegraph

But don't worry, the wealth redistribution advocates will find something else to hang their hat on.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am glad to see that Billboards have become a credible source to many herein.

Here is the interview with the good doctor in which his statement is made (with some modifications by the Billboard, but Billboards are known for being loose with facts):
OK, so we'll use other sources.

Global Warming was never about climate change!

IPCC Official:

NASA's Hansen to Obama: Use Global Warming to Redistribute Wealth | NewsBusters

Democrats Pledge New Global Wealth Redistribution Scheme Through Climate Change Treaty | FreedomWorks

Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I've said this before, and I'll say it again .... even a confession from the crooks own mouths won't faze the brainwashed in any way. It's a "conspiracy theory" mumbles the droolers ... that's their automatic reaction to any attempt to inform and educate them with facts.

Nevertheless .... for Millions of years the earth's climate has cycled from cold to warm and back to cold again ... from glacial to interglacial and back to glacial periods. So there will always be either warming or cooling taking place, depending on where in that natural cycle you are .... coming out of a glacial period requires warming ... approaching the next glacial period will see cooling. Warming is good ... ice ages, not so much ... and even that relatively elementary logic escapes the CO2 nuts. I guess these crazies plant their gardens in the fall, rather than the spring, too.
Correct.

And our current climate could be warming or cooling, depending on what time period you measure and how you measure it.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times

One question: did you read that interview with the good doctor? I posted a link to it.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am glad to see that Billboards have become a credible source to many herein.

Here is the interview with the good doctor in which his statement is made (with some modifications by the Billboard, but Billboards are known for being loose with facts):

Rabett Run: Ottmar Edenhofer says it again

Note that the good doctor is German, and hence his statements were subject to translation. The interview was back in November 2010, but Billboards have little sense of time.

Since so many herein are expects on a surprisingly wide range of subject matters (I guess it helps to not work), I assume several are fluent in German. Hence, the original interview:

«Klimapolitik verteilt das Weltvermögen neu»: Klimaschutz hat mit Umweltschutz kaum mehr etwas zu tun, sagt der Ökonom Ottmar Edenhofer. Der nächste Weltklimagipfel in Cancún sei eigentlich ein Wirtschaftsgipfel, bei dem es um die Verteilung der Ress
Being German and a part-time freelancer, I have read the Interview, what he says makes sense... But I don't think the world will care much about such insight, it will continue pretty much like in the past...

Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Most of us already know the purpose of "global warming" was to redistribute wealth. It astounds me that it's now big news.
It isn't big news that it is about government control. The news is that someone relatively high placed actually admitted it.

Just like we all know that the race thing is the same. But it made news when the Democrat state senator in Louisiana came out and said it and resigned his membership in the party:

“Their support of dependency over self-reliance, of everything but traditional marriage, of abortion on demand, their policies have encouraged the high teen birth rates, high school drop out rates, high incarceration rates and very high unemployment rates,” said Guillory. “Our self-initiative and self-reliance are sacrificed in exchange for votes for the party of disappointment. The list of disappointments is long,” said Guillory, noting “the lies and cover-up at Benghazi, the IRS harassing the tea party and wiretapping and spying on reporters.”

We've known all that for years. But it's unheard-of for a Democrat to say it.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
Hey, look! another credible right-wing "science" blogger.

iceagenow.info

scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, blogger cant even afford a .com/.net domain name
I mean, come on, a .info domain name?
So, attack the source when you can't refute the facts. Typical.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
People here don't even know what he said, as he was not speaking of wealth as such at all. The text is too difficult for Google Translate...
No need to hold your wallets tight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies