Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,101 times

Advertisements

EXCLUSIVE: FOX 35 interview with alternate Zimmerman juror - FOX 35 News Orlando

I dont think the full interview is out yet. I'm curious as to what he thinks about DOJ going after Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,446,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
EXCLUSIVE: FOX 35 interview with alternate Zimmerman juror - FOX 35 News Orlando

I dont think the full interview is out yet. I'm curious as to what he thinks about DOJ going after Z
A near majority agree with the verdict and despite the hoopla a minority of Americans have been following the case. In fact even a bare majority of African-Americans followed the case.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A near majority agree with the verdict and despite the hoopla a minority of Americans have been following the case. In fact even a bare majority of African-Americans followed the case.
And I bet the ones out there on the streets, the ones making the most noise, didn't spend more than a half hour watching the trial, let alone most it all of it.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,218,127 times
Zimmerman should have never been tried for murder, under stand your ground, you can stalk someone, threaten them, get into a fight, and if you "feel" they might hurt you, you can kill them

Legally Zimmerman was not guilty of murder, but he sure was guilty of involuntary manslaughter, DA effed up.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:31 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,597,424 times
Wow, another one agrees? Sorry I forgot all jurors must agree then they can reach a verdict. It's not an election.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,404,332 times
Ummmm...this was an ALTERNATE...you know, the ones who don't get to vote and are not part of the deliberations. So, yeah, kind of matters.

My advice...read the entire post and understand it before you are snarky. Generally results in you looking better.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,281,924 times
The only people who don't agree are people who cannot think rationally. They are using and being driven by PURE emotion. The facts were not there to charge Zimmerman, let alone convict him. And of course, according to all these people who say Zimmerman should have been convicted, NO AMOUNT of evidence will dissuade them otherwise.

Zimmerman is innocent. The jury rendered their verdict. He cannot be retried for murder, manslaughter, etc.

Time too move on to something these people CAN do something about.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,404,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The only people who don't agree are people who cannot think rationally. They are using and being driven by PURE emotion. The facts were not there to charge Zimmerman, let alone convict him. And of course, according to all these people who say Zimmerman should have been convicted, NO AMOUNT of evidence will dissuade them otherwise.

Zimmerman is innocent. The jury rendered their verdict. He cannot be retried for murder, manslaughter, etc.

I have a coworker who says Martin was too young to defend himself on Tuesday and then today at work declared that she was an adult at 17 and fully able to stand up to her own mother. And she is the one in the office declaring that she can't wait until Zimmerman is killed and that Martin's civil rights were violated because he was killed and she is checking CNN every morning to see when Zimmerman's civil rights trial is starting (not seeing that in his future).

I have known for a while that she was loud and uneducated and going off of pure emotion...but I learned how totally ruled by pure emotion these people are when she actually declared that she was an adult at 17 but Martin is a child. Just wow.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

Your first two sentences, I'm sure someone said the same thing about the OJ and Casey Anthony case.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,314,323 times
What a stupid thread premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies