Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's the same thing as people judging conservatives. These people have belief, are not out to hurt anyone but low and behold the liberal media and democrats call them all kind of names including calling them the Taliban. Sorry, you are getting some of the medicine the liberal media is dishing out on others.

NAACP Leader Julian Bonds calls Tea Party The Taliban of America

In American Taliban, Markos Moulitsas pulls no punches as he compares how the Republican Party and Islamic radicals.

Chris Matthews (Boston Bombings): “Normally, domestic terrorist people tend to be on the far right, although that’s not a good category,” Matthews said on Monday’s show. “Extremists, let’s call them that.

Blacks, Dems, Libs have no problem with Bonds and Liberals discriminating against conservatives either.

Don't like it much do you?
Discrimination against others is a central plank in the Conservative/Republican platform.

In any event, conservatives don't get profiled, stalked or killed because of their ideology. They don't get followed around stores. Cops don't stop, frisk and indiscriminately harass conservatives. And a conservative isn't distinguishable because of what he looks like. You can hide if you don't like being discriminated against. You're not going to walk down the street and get profiled. Black men are black men no matter where we are or what we do. We can't hide who we are.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think the distorted image of black men is not due to today's media, nor even the level of crime committed by black males. It goes way back to America's racist roots and the entrenched misconceptions that black men are to be feared, and are inexplicably more aggressive and violent than white men.

There's no better way to oppress a race than to imbue them with animalistic properties.
I agree. This mindset has persisted over centuries.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
I think it's so sad that so many black people are absolutely wasting the gift of life that God gave them by complaining and waiting for other people to make their lives better. Like that Chemical Ali lady or whatever her name is who is always harping about 400 years on Dr Drew's show. What a total loser with one purpose in mind. She wants to make sure she can keep as many black people losers just like her.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Discrimination against others is a central plank in the Conservative/Republican platform.

In any event, conservatives don't get profiled, stalked or killed because of their ideology. They don't get followed around stores. Cops don't stop, frisk and indiscriminately harass conservatives. And a conservative isn't distinguishable because of what he looks like. You can hide if you don't like being discriminated against. You're not going to walk down the street and get profiled. Black men are black men no matter where we are or what we do. We can't hide who we are.
Yep, because Liberals profile it's ok. Can't hide? LOL, yea, just pay taxes and if your conservative hope the IRS doesn't cost you even more proving you did your taxes right. Yea, but that's ok right? You must be one of those 47%ers that don't pay taxes.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think it's so sad that so many black people are absolutely wasting the gift of life that God gave them by complaining and waiting for other people to make their lives better. Like that Chemical Ali lady or whatever her name is who is always harping about 400 years on Dr Drew's show. What a total loser with one purpose in mind. She wants to make sure she can keep as many black people losers just like her.
I agree. There will always be idiots who don't treat you right no matter what color you are or what sex you are. People moan and carry a chip on their shoulder wasting life being angry.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, because Liberals profile it's ok. Can't hide? LOL, yea, just pay taxes and if your conservative hope the IRS doesn't cost you even more proving you did your taxes right. Yea, but that's ok right? You must be one of those 47%ers that don't pay taxes.
It's telling that you didn't address one word I wrote. All you had to give back to the discourse was inane right-wing hysterical boilerplate. Not an original thought in the bunch.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
I'm not mad at black men. Anger it's a negative feeling and nothing comes of it.

If a white person decides to profile me that's an issue with his or her insecurity and lack of discernment.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
When looking at the reason Zimmerman was found not guilty, I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't be angry at Zimmerman for being found not guilty. I'm angry at the judicial system for allowing him to kill an unarmed innocent male (who happened to be black) over a basic fist fight that he was losing. In addition, I am angry at the fact that black males who are committing crimes have caused people to fear and be biased toward all black men.

Law abiding black males are, in a sense, victims too. Law abiding black males are victims of black males who commit crimes at an disproportionally higher rate than white males if that stat is accurate (even though there are reasons for their behavior which would need to be addressed in another forum) and this has resulted in BIAS and FEAR among white Americans as well as black Americans living in communities where they are reading about and seeing on the news crimes committed by black males.

Unfortunately, this is a problem for black males like me, who have never committed a crime, and basically can't walk down many streets in America without someone profiling us and asking what is this black guy up to or doing? This is my reality as a black man in 2013, and probably will continue to be as long as black males continue to commit crimes at high rates. I have already warned and told my two black sons that if they are confronted by anyone, try to be reasonable, courteous, and respectful or you may end up like Trayvon Martin.
What are your thoughts about this topic?
Jesse Jackson: THE Jesse Jackson said about that same thing many years ago and he's def a 'Black male".

Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)

Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
I'm not the least bit apologetic nor am i angry at other black males.

I will admit to some frustration at the pathology and the appearance that it's certainly not getting better.

But i'm still not giving anyone a pass for discriminating against me because of what other black men might do. Nope. No chance. I'm not going to be understanding or magnanimous in any way if it happens.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Most people aren't profiling solely based in race, it's also age, gender, attire, demeanor, where they're at etc.
Agreed. Too; where's the hardcore prejudice against even dark skin Black ladies? I'm talking about the ones who speak and act proper which is becoming more and more common, at least the ones born after about 1980.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies