Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,476,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
IDK, Fox seems to do fine doing editing tapes to suit them.
So that is how you justify and defend what NBC has admitted to doing?

How exactly does FOX even enter into this discussion?

Are they named in the defamation suit between GZ and NBC?

If not, then I haven't a clue what you are talking about

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 07:46 AM

3,592 posts, read 3,799,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hope he is successful. I am so disgusted with our media today I cant even put into words how so. They are vile, disgusting, lying, corrupt, dirt bags. I hope to God he wins millions from them.

If anything, perhaps a win for him here will send a message to the media. Enough with your do anything to push your agenda bull ****.
It really is. What the **** happened? Journalists are supposed to be taught to seek the truth above all else. Now all the trash media does, allegedly, is endorse, inflame and incite. Whatever sells newspapers and TV ad space I guess. The state of the nation be damned.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,668,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
So that is how you justify and defend what NBC has admitted to doing?

How exactly does FOX even enter into this discussion?

Are they named in the defamation suit between GZ and NBC?

If not, then I haven't a clue what you are talking about

Posted with TapaTalk
I don't depend any of them from doing it but they ALL do.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,773,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's not how civil suits work.
I understand quite well how civil suits work; I'm not sure how the whole 'immunity' from civil action Florida law works. That is certainly not the case in my current state.

I'm curious how one could claim immunity from a civil suit (which now appears to be questionable); whilst filing a civil suit of one's own in the exact same matter.

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. One may have nothing to do with the other; it just gives the appearance that you could leave yourself open for a cross claim, counter claim, whatever.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,476,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I don't depend any of them from doing it but they ALL do.
Are you seriously going to use the 6 year old's argument......."all my friends do it!"?

We are talking about ONE network editing a tape in such a way as to deliberately make GZ look like a racist.

They have admitted to doing that!

That is what is being discussed here.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,154,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Then he will lose. Dismiss all you wish, nothing to me.

If this does go to trial though, NBC will do exactly as I wrote. They will get the best legal talent in this country. And so must George. If he has the money.

He will take something, move on

But feel free, slam your fingers in the car door all day long.
The best legal talent in this country will likely encourage NBC to settle out of court.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,782,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sure. Trayvon's parents will support that, after all, they can attach the payment in their civil suit. I don't see Zimmerman ever benefitting from this at all. Trayvon's parents will no doubt have a civil suit pending, and snatch any money for a long, long time.
You should probably do some research into FL civil suits before you make statements about Trayvon's parents suing.

Zimmerman isn't the one trying to benefit. Trayvon's parents are the ones who have already won a suit against the HOA. They are the ones continuing to make noise and fools of themselves. They need to go away. It's over.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,154,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Oh, give me a break!

If a black man had gunned down an unarmed white teenager, all the people complaining about how the media needlessly "racialized" this case would be calling it an "anti-white hate crime." And they'd be demanding the death penalty. That is a FACT. What a bunch of self-serving racist hypocrites...
If the MSM actually gave all the "anti-white hate crime" the same treatment as they did the Zimmerman case, there would no time for any other news to be broadcast.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,773,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You should probably do some research into FL civil suits before you make statements about Trayvon's parents suing.

Zimmerman isn't the one trying to benefit. Trayvon's parents are the ones who have already won a suit against the HOA. They are the ones continuing to make noise and fools of themselves. They need to go away. It's over.
I guess the family of Nicole Simpson should have done the same thing when OJ was acquitted. Just go away.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,533,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I understand quite well how civil suits work; I'm not sure how the whole 'immunity' from civil action Florida law works. That is certainly not the case in my current state.

I'm curious how one could claim immunity from a civil suit (which now appears to be questionable); whilst filing a civil suit of one's own in the exact same matter.

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. One may have nothing to do with the other; it just gives the appearance that you could leave yourself open for a cross claim, counter claim, whatever.
Here's a link to the text of the statute.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies