Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,224,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Hmm no, the article does mention it: "Republicans have "reshaped" their outreach, Mr. Priebus told the group, which represents some 6,000 officials. Republicans get community; they get neighborhoods and churches. They get <b>immigration</b> and educational reform plus economic opportunity. "In America, it doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you're going," Mr. Priebus noted.
hmmmm, nothing in there about illegal immigration.

hmmmmmmmm.

Your leaders are crawling to Hispanics and apologizing on your behalf.

How does it feel???????

Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,472,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
"We don't want to help you, we just find it necessary mathematically."
Pretty much, they need the votes and words are easy to break once they get the position they want.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 AM

63,328 posts, read 29,409,763 times
Quote:
After looking at several threads over the last 4 years, I have come to the conclusion that if you don't support illegal immigration and/or jump on the amnesty bandwagon, the majority of Hispanics/Latinos won't vote for you and you are labeled a racist.

At the same time we are told not to associate illegal immigration with certain races/nationalities - Latinos/Mexicans/Guatemalans/Brazillians etc

I am a little confused on how that is even supposed to make sense?

So you're telling me one party needs to disregard the rule of law in order to gain votes? Is that what Hispanics want? Do they really think they are above the law because of the color of their skin? Because that is the impression I am getting: "Give them amnesty, or else..."
Thanks. You summed it up even better than I did.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,694,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
hmmmm, nothing in there about illegal immigration.

hmmmmmmmm.

Your leaders are crawling to Hispanics and apologizing on your behalf.

How does it feel???????
Who exactly are "my leaders?"

I am not a Republican.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 AM

63,328 posts, read 29,409,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, they "changed" like all the other times they said they had...then jettisoned Hispanics when they need to do something to help them as a group.

They are the abuser in the relationship that keeps saying "Oh baby, things will be better next time"...and Hispanics come back till the next time the GOP decides to slap them around a bit.
Please describe how the GOP slaps around Hispanics. I'll wait.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Who exactly are "my leaders?"

I am not a Republican.
Who did you vote for in the last election?

Obama???

LMFAO

Old 07-01-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Who did you vote for in the last election?

Obama???

LMFAO
Gary Johnson.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Gary Johnson.
Republican Governor

The RNC chairman is trying to woo Hispanics and he's apologizing, the least you could do is make it easier for him.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Republican Governor

The RNC chairman is trying to woo Hispanics and he's apologizing, the least you could do is make it easier for him.
I don't feel like an apology is necessary only from Republicans. As a matter of fact I find it offensive that both parties disregard the laws of this country and cater to people because of their nationally or the color of their skin.

Both parties should apologize to the American people for not living up to their Oath of Office.

Hard to believe that even after all the BS that has taken place in the last 20 years people think there really is a 2 party system in this country. People such as yourself who fervently support one party because they can't do no wrong. And their party is the right party. Go ahead and mock Republicans, really I could care less. When sh*t hits the fan, it won't matter whether you voted for someone with an R or D next to their name.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I don't feel like an apology is necessary only from Republicans. As a matter I find it offensive that both parties disregard the laws of this country and cater to people because of their nationally or the color of their skin.

Both parties should apologize to the American people for not living up to their Oath of Office.
Hispanics are Americans too you know.

What's wrong with catering to a nationality if that nationality is American???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies