Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:06 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,081,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The people.
Yes, yes! Although, not too practical - but, I know... we could have a group of people who are elected run things, yes, yes... They could... they could represent us!.. Hmmmmm, I could be on to something here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,515,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Really, the US completely disbanding into 50 small nations would be the liberals worst nightmare.
No, it would be a conservative's worst nightmare. Suddenly, instead of 1 national government, there would be 50 of them. Fifty postal services, fifty reserve banks, fifty departments of defense. And borders, ID cards and paperwork everywhere.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,590,359 times
The problem with disbanding is geographic. Look at a map and tell me how the Mississippi River region could be separated.

And don't tell me they could 'share'. The farthest point downstream controls everything upstream, making New Orleans one of the most strategic cities in the Nation. Miami is another strategic city.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:26 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,539,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You guys in the North can have Obama.
We'll figure out something in the South
Who, Terry Jones?

Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM

19,098 posts, read 14,391,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Yes, yes! Although, not too practical - but, I know... we could have a group of people who are elected run things, yes, yes... They could... they could represent us!.. Hmmmmm, I could be on to something here.
Naw - you're focused on an indirect democracy.
We don' need no stinkin' democrazies.

I believe that the original contract stated that we were promised a "republican form" (no connection with the partisan political party).

A republican form is not synonymous with "a republic".

In plain English, the republican form of government is one in which the people are sovereign, served, not ruled, by government, composed of volunteers ("citizens") who step DOWN in status, become obligated to perform mandatory civic duties, and adhere to a higher standard of behavior.

That most Americans were fooled into believing they were "born citizens" (which would violate the 13th amendment), and are misled to claim to be citizens at every opportunity, is tragic and funny. Because all of the pertinent facts are in print, in the public record, available at any county courthouse law library - if only the people would bother to read their own laws.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,377,541 times
Quote:
Really, the US completely disbanding into 50 small nations would be the liberals worst nightmare. All of their programs would go up in smoke before their eyes and they would have to get a real job.

I would be fine, I have a skill that is essential, as I'm sure many people on this board do.
Except for the fact that the majority of the country's GDP comes from blue states.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,828,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
He's not using the right keywords for Prism.
Okay, okay... I'll help Hurricanekid.

attack,
Al Qaeda,
terrorism,
dirty bomb
pork,
cloud,
team,
Mexico

Think it'll work Hurricanekid?

Old 06-18-2013, 03:53 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,481,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
The congressmen and senators ARE the corrupt people in government. They, along with the president cooperate to use the fed for their own personal gain.

The correct organization to contact is your state's legislature.

Not mine...

yours.

Update us on your progress from time to time.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,712,617 times
Quote:
The enemy no doubt are these militant liberals that are infecting the media and the government and especially education.
No, people like you who blame liberals for all the problems. Good god you guys are a dense bunch. "godd*mn liberals fault". Just keep singing that tired song, it's working out real well for you.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:59 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,712,617 times
Really, the US completely disbanding into 50 small nations would be the Republicans worst nightmare. All of their anti-woman programs would go up in smoke before their eyes and they would have to get a real job instead of stealing and taking advantage of the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies