Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 06:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,056,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Show me the statistics that connect strict gun laws to lower crime... I will be waiting....
That wack job itailian guy thinks ****cago is in Nevada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I hear crickets..
That wack job is related to Benito Mussolini.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:15 PM

29,640 posts, read 16,691,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Still, there is a viable plan of enforcement in place. Is it 100% effective? No, but it doesn't have to be. Not so with background check requirements on private sales of firearms. There would be literally nothing standing in the way of a private seller and buyer.

Correct, but still, there is a viable way to enforce the law. We don't set speeding regs and just hope that people will follow them. We set them, and then we send police out to patrol the roadways and if they see a violation, they will ticket the offender.

You're missing the point. Just assume for a second it was completely illegal for minors to drink alcohol. Then, say a law is passed stating I must check the ID's of anyone before serving them alcohol in my home. There is absolutely no way to enforce that requirement at all is there? It's the same with doing background checks on gun buyers.
No it isnt, the cashier is given the exact same responsibility that a gun owner would have with checking to see if someone was legally able to buy the product. You are expected to follow the law regardless of how realistic YOU believe the expectations are. And if you consider random sting operations as a viable check to see if someone is sell alcohol to minors then isnt that also a viable option for seeing if gun owners are checking I.D. and doing background checks as well , and if you believe other wise, tell me why not ?

Heck, this argument in and of itself shows the flaw in the gun debate.

If this law isnt enforceable, then how can you say it infringes on anyones rights (the law already exist for sales from stores so the argument was already negated anyways ) ?

Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No it isnt, the cashier is given the exact same responsibility that a gun owner would have with checking to see if someone was legally able to buy the product. You are expected to follow the law regardless of how realistic YOU believe the expectations are. And if you consider random sting operations as a viable check to see if someone is sell alcohol to minors then isnt that also a viable option for seeing if gun owners are checking I.D. and doing background checks as well , and if you believe other wise, tell me why not ?

If this law isn't enforceable, then how can you say it infringes on anyones rights (the law already exist for sales from stores so the argument was already negated anyways ) ?
I can't even tell what it is you want to hear...

Most laws are not enforceable.... Most gun laws sure aren't. I don't go anywhere un-armed and i live in NH. I am land locked behind the iron curtain of the soviet republics of Mass and NY not to mention NJ and MD etc etc.

Look at the map....... There is no way out of here with a loaded hand gun yet anytime i leave NH for Md I pass thru all these states with total disregard of their stinking red commie laws.

Cops have asked me if i had a gun and i lie and say no... I lie because the cops lie.

I used to keep my ccw carry permit where you could see it if you could see my driver's Lic, but a cop jacked me up I lied to him like he was doing to me, and when he was gone I moved that permit.

Now they can guess.

Guns what guns? or Just how fast do you want to see my permit because I keep it rolled up in the barrel?

There is no way i am going about in this dog eat dog world the PC made un-armed. Those days are long over. Like since the mid 1980's when my house in a rural NH village came under attack and the cops refused to come. I shot that SOB.

Since then i have been armed, and I am not changing anything soon... Today i was with in spitting distance of the NY border. No big deal i lived in NY state a year with 20 hand guns..

No permit.... I tried to get one I did I called from a pay phone to see about it. They said i would need to surrender my guns for 9 months and maybe never get them or money back... SCREW THAT I hung up and left. That was more than 25 years ago now..

My wife is from NY and she hates that place with prejudiced, but we still go there from time to time for friends and her family. I will never go un-armed.

Enforce that...

Lived in Md with the same guns 2 years.... Screw them too

2005 for 10 months my wife and i toured the USA NH to Cal Cal to Fla. Fla to Ok, OK to Tn etc etc 40 states all got screwed.. I had 2 guns.. This was on a motorcycle and one gun was a rifle 52.1/2 inches long ....

I SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Old 06-16-2013, 07:58 PM

dsjj251

OT but enforce this Medical examiner resigns in wake of North Carolina motel death | abc11.com

I can think of about a dozen people who should be FIRED, but probably won't be. So called public servants

Old 06-16-2013, 10:57 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,950,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No it isnt, the cashier is given the exact same responsibility that a gun owner would have with checking to see if someone was legally able to buy the product. You are expected to follow the law regardless of how realistic YOU believe the expectations are.
Yes but will I? That is what is being called in to question here. If I choose not to, whats gonna stop me? Nothing, and that is why background check laws are useless to private sellers. After you find out I violated the law by not doing a background check, it's already too late, because by that time there'll already have been a crime committed. So you can punish me after the fact, { oh wait, you can't, because there was no registry requirment, therefore there is nothing conecting me to the gun used in the crime, thus no way of proving I didn't do a background check befiore selling it to a felon }

Quote:
And if you consider random sting operations as a viable check to see if someone is sell alcohol to minors then isnt that also a viable option for seeing if gun owners are checking I.D. and doing background checks as well , and if you believe other wise, tell me why not ?
Come on... really? It isn't practical, thats why not. Most of these types of transactions happen at peoples kitchen tables between freinds or relatives, not on some street corner between strangers. They are also pretty much random and spontaneous, not planned out in advance. What are the agents going to do, go knocking on peoples doors asking if they want to sell a gun? I don't think so. Where are these agents going to find all these private sellers to "sting" exactly? They could do it at gun shows, but then again I support mandatory background checks between pivate sellers at gun shows, because the sellers are all centralized to one location, and therefore, that can be enforced. Not so with random sales out in the rest of the world.

Quote:
Why can't you just admit that the law was flawed and rightfuly failed? That would be the respectable thing to do. Maybe these law makers won't be in such a rush next time, and when they go back to the drawing board they'll come upwith something that will actually be effective.

Quote:
If this law isnt enforceable, then how can you say it infringes on anyones rights (the law already exist for sales from stores so the argument was already negated anyways )
Didn't I already explain this to you a few pages back? I guess I'll do it again. You see, unlike our criminal counterparts, law abiding citizens DO follow laws, so two private citizens who want to do a sale will go and get a background check done. What if the nearest gun shop is 100 miles away? What if they make the drive there and find out that private business owner has no interest in helping to complete a transaction that won't be at all profitable for his business, as many in Colorado are doing right now? OR, what if they charge an astronomically high price to do it? All this will put a burden on the law abiding, while at the same time, having no effect on the criminal transactions going on for reasons I've already explained.

If your law effects the law abiding moreso than the criminals, you're already off to a bad start.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,950,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I can't even tell what it is you want to hear...

Most laws are not enforceable.... Most gun laws sure aren't. I don't go anywhere un-armed and i live in NH. I am land locked behind the iron curtain of the soviet republics of Mass and NY not to mention NJ and MD etc etc.

Look at the map....... There is no way out of here with a loaded hand gun yet anytime i leave NH for Md I pass thru all these states with total disregard of their stinking red commie laws.

Cops have asked me if i had a gun and i lie and say no... I lie because the cops lie.

I used to keep my ccw carry permit where you could see it if you could see my driver's Lic, but a cop jacked me up I lied to him like he was doing to me, and when he was gone I moved that permit.

Now they can guess.

Guns what guns? or Just how fast do you want to see my permit because I keep it rolled up in the barrel?

There is no way i am going about in this dog eat dog world the PC made un-armed. Those days are long over. Like since the mid 1980's when my house in a rural NH village came under attack and the cops refused to come. I shot that SOB.

Since then i have been armed, and I am not changing anything soon... Today i was with in spitting distance of the NY border. No big deal i lived in NY state a year with 20 hand guns..

No permit.... I tried to get one I did I called from a pay phone to see about it. They said i would need to surrender my guns for 9 months and maybe never get them or money back... SCREW THAT I hung up and left. That was more than 25 years ago now..

My wife is from NY and she hates that place with prejudiced, but we still go there from time to time for friends and her family. I will never go un-armed.

Enforce that...

Lived in Md with the same guns 2 years.... Screw them too

2005 for 10 months my wife and i toured the USA NH to Cal Cal to Fla. Fla to Ok, OK to Tn etc etc 40 states all got screwed.. I had 2 guns.. This was on a motorcycle and one gun was a rifle 52.1/2 inches long ....

I SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Living proof that gun laws don't work.......

Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Living proof that gun laws don't work.......
My Bro In Law always checks with me before we enter the Pentagon I ride the transit thing in DC with him armed.
You should see the vermin on those trains he rides on...

If i were king i would weld the entrances and exits closed for those.

You can see beeches pis sing in the stair wells, and watch muggers mug for entertainment. Thar's no blooming way i am going to any of these hell holes un-armed. I might not survive it, but i will do my next to take as many vermin with me as i can.

I am not the problem the PC are.. Them and their vermin pets.

Last time i was in DC there was a older building under new const and the dregs of society streamed out of that place like it was an ant farm.

I have seen a city before. I know what street bums look like........ DC has more than their fair share but the PC love every one of them.

Reagan had a new road to just bring Mikhail Gorbachev into town by passing the filth.....

More OT nanny state BS. Now the cops are getting speed trap cams built into guard rails

I wonder if the cops and the nanny staters have ever heard of spray paint? I got 3 shemaghs and it would be racist to profile me wearing one while I ride my bike and paint cams in a guard rail right?

Maybe I can brandish a 45 for the cam No? Maybe like this

I have my beard back now too

With all this BS nanny crapolla somebody has to be the victim and so it may as well be me LOL.

I wonder how many panties I will wet with this decade old picture./

MOLON LABE

Oh there is nothing against the law in that pic. other than the hour was early and so for me hellish of itself. No LEO type want to bother me too very early in the morning because my moods then are rather poor of i do say so myself I can function just fine but i don't like it one bit.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 06-17-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies