Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:05 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
It really is that simple, and in regard to all else, not just cell phones.
Next time you get stopped I want you to tell the officer just what isn't any of his business and see what happens...lol The cell phones are direct evidence that the driver was breaking the law by using it while driving.The cop has the authority to take said evidence when there has been an accident. As far as just stopping cars at random and taking their phones...this isn't going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:09 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Sheep being led to the slaughter....
And to think some are content with licking their own asses and following the herd.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Next time you get stopped I want you to tell the officer just what isn't any of his business and see what happens...lol
So your argument is, "Right or wrong, he's got the gun", or what?

Quote:
The cell phones are direct evidence that the driver was breaking the law by using it while driving.
How does that have anything to do with the statement I was agreeing with (that officers should not be allowed to just fish for evidence)?

Quote:
As far as just stopping cars at random and taking their phones...this isn't going to happen.
I hope you're right, but I never say never.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 PM

50,860 posts, read 36,563,313 times
Quote:
The cell phones are direct evidence that the driver was breaking the law by using it while driving.The cop has the authority to take said evidence when there has been an accident.

No one has yet to have an answer for the case of people (like me) who use blue tooth devices, which are perfectly legal in my state and in most states (if not all).

Old 06-17-2013, 08:46 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,769,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While you are partly right that modern radio scanners wont monitor phone conversations i was wrong in portraying the process as cheap and easy,it can be done but its very expensive. In todays day and age if one wants to monitor cell phone conversations there are much easier and cheaper ways to do it.
I'll agree with you without watching the video. The example I saw was about $1500 and involved making a bogus mini tower. I didn't read far enough to see if a scanner was involved at all.

Going this far and getting caught would be a lot more serious than cutting a diode to free up the 800 band and I bet you know exactly what I'm taking about

I have a 2006 that hasn't been turned on in years and the same vintage handheld. I also had or have whatever this is: Listening to Satellites on a Handheld Scanner but a quick search didn't reveal the softkey model that I modded once upon a time.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,868,057 times
Get a warrant, and we can talk....otherwise NJ can Blow it out their backside.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,769,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Well you dont have to shoot the messenger.
I'm surprised any OP is alive after posting on this forum

Old 06-18-2013, 04:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Next time you get stopped I want you to tell the officer just what isn't any of his business and see what happens...lol The cell phones are direct evidence that the driver was breaking the law by using it while driving.The cop has the authority to take said evidence when there has been an accident. As far as just stopping cars at random and taking their phones...this isn't going to happen.
Another example of where someone changes the argument, argues against it and then thinks they accomplished something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies