Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 12:52 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times

Advertisements

I ponder this. when I think of a conservative, I certainly don't think of mitt romney, or GWB. I am pretty sure that when liberals think of liberals, they don't think of obama. how are the liberal and conservative candidates of each party cast aside? conservative ron paul is shunned by the republican party. liberals like kucinich and sanders are outcasts. ironically, these outcasts are normally friends in washington, and can agree upon much more than the mainstream candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 01:03 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
I am a registered independent. I think that the people with best intentions are found in local government, and too often they have no desire to head to D.C.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am a registered independent. I think that the people with best intentions are found in local government, and too often they have no desire to head to D.C.
certainly on a local level, it's much better. however, I tend to question the intentions of anyone who chooses to get involved in politics.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:16 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
certainly on a local level, it's much better. however, I tend to question the intentions of anyone who chooses to get involved in politics.
I think the usual cycle of politicians is that they start at the local level hoping to improve their city and clear it of corruption.

...Then as time goes on, they realize that not much can be done, and slowly become corrupted as they make more "friends".

Some remain at the city level for years, others move on to the state level, and others pursue the big bucks in DC. Obama is probably one of those politicians that got corrupted.

...How ever, the worst type of politician are the business men who goes into office and uses connections to fill up their pockets. They have the funds to put themselves on tv and let the sheep know it's time to vote for them because they are D or R.

...The little guy with the good intentions doesn't have these funds and rely on friends and family to campaign for them. They may be able to win at the local level, however the sheep, the people who vote only during presidential elections, will pay no attention to people that aren't D or R.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
We should all be whatever we want to be.
Period.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
We should all be whatever we want to be.
Period.
so we should all be independents. thank you so much for enlightening us all. it's simple vocabulary.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,997 times
I am a conservative (and long time 'R') - but I switched to independent several years ago. I don't want the R's to think I'm a 'shoe-in' for them, even though, because I'm conservative, 99% of the time I end up voting that way.

I'm glad for social media too. In CA, my vote is largely 'wasted' -- but now a days, I can get to know, and support candidates in other states, directly, with my $2! (LOL - in this down economy) Unfortunately, (whether we like it or not) money is a big part of politics - or shutting down money (ie, via IRS).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies