Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 03:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,739,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's post tornado, strewn about JUNK. Sure, no one should be looting it, but is it really necessary to talk about killing people over it?

Insurance will rebuild these homes anyway, and its not like the builders are planning to use the old materials anyway.
You'd be wrong about that. Just hope you never have a total loss and have to deal with insurance companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
They say personal items were found two miles from home...I too don't care if metal pickers come through before the bulldozers get it.
You've never been around a tornado, have you.

Debris, photographs, etc, were dumped as far away as Tulsa and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I bet that it's not that they don't have enough guns, it's just that the people are staying somewhere else since their home is destroyed. With nobody guarding the homes people loot.
The truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,713,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If they executed every one of these looters on the spot, does anyone here think that the country wouldn't be just a slightly better place?

And letting them live would help how?
We don't execute people on the spot here in this country. You'd need to go to Iran or Saudi Arabia for that kind of justice. Even there, they give them a trial before they execute them.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:52 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,398,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wouldn't kill anyone for pretty much anything if I could help it. But if any of these aholes got shot wandering around in a disaster zone picking up goods when they have no business being there? I wouldn't even give them a second thought. They are the scum of the Earth.
Yeah, I get it. We're all so pious, and everyone else is scum that deserves to die.

Sure. Ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It sounds more like salvage than looting.
Pretty much. Certainly nothing to wish death on someone over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies