Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,210,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
HAH! Why is the auto industry expanding? Low ineterest rates from money printing.

When the money printing stops, and this false economy comes to a grinding halt, the car companies will be the second industry to feel the pain.

Besides, we're still at 7.6% (ticked up last month) unemployment, and that's using the new funny math. If you add all unemployed/underemployed it's running closer to 18%. Here in Los Angeles it's 20.5%, Phoenix 19.8%, NY City 15.5%..etc. Underemployed accounts for the largest segment of employed in 40 years.

Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization for States

I think it's great that the auto industry is revived and hiring, but I also understand what is driving it. We haven't allowed the natural laws of economics (inflation, deflation) to take place. Bernanke has deferred inflation by injecting massive amounts of fiat currency. At some point, the house of cards will crash. All the recessions and depressions were allowed to crash, 1990, 1981, 1972 all the way back through to the great depression -- only this time around they've created a Grand Illusion.
I agree with you in till your last statement. After the 81 crash consumer credit was driving the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,210,620 times
Looks like interest rates on car loans are low.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,918,610 times
I am laughing at all the people who posted disappointment about the recovery of American auto industries and 35,000 new jobs.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,293,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am laughing at all the people who posted disappointment about the recovery of American auto industries and 35,000 new jobs.
Union idiots producing junk at inflated prices.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,918,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Union idiots producing junk at inflated prices.
You buy foreign cars? I love my Buick La Crosse!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM

7,565 posts, read 5,815,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
LMAO! Just like all the other lies this administration has put forward since 2008 and every time anyone of them open their mouth..

I can hear it now..

Obama: Hey Dan, you know I lied my a$$ the last 5 1/2 years and they are all starting to catch up with me.. To be honest, I don't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground and need a little help.. Do you remember that 50 billion I gave you?

Dan: Sure do you Barack, what ever can I do to help.

Obama: I need a cover story about jobs since my policies and taxation has destroyed any hope of a recovery for the rest of my term. So, I was hoping you could lay some fire down and let the press know your industry is looking to hire 35K hell, 100K jobs.. It doesn't matter as long as the number is big. You see my supporters can't think for themselves and I could tell them anything and they would believe me.. It would help a lot..

Dan: You are an idiot but 10 Billion of tha 50 Billion is sitting in my account in the Cayman's so sure, no problem. Just one favor, do the entire country a favor go back to Kenya when your terms over. Hell, they country will look like your native land anyways by the time your term is over..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies