Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:56 PM

29,710 posts, read 16,782,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
a vietnam vet, and a successful businessman with much more education? it would have been much closer.
John McCain lost by 10 million votes, Mitt Romney by 5. Who their wives were had nothing to do with them losing.

Republicans in both elections ran on lowering the debt and both of their plans ended up adding more than Senator/President Obama.

John McCain is somewhat socially liberal, but he couldnt run on that because it would **** off his base. He is was a war hawk in a time when Americans are weary of war.

and by your McCain logic, Al Gore should have stomped G.W. Bush.

Romney on the other hand, just ran a horrible campaign from what i can see, the whole message of the week thing didnt work out well for him and it wasnt always his fault either. His economic message wasnt going to work because he had supported previous version that were horrible.

President Obama won because he had the better plan both times.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
where does it show voter turnout?
you can google the percentage in black turn out if you want, the point is black people were just fine with voting for men married to white women for the last 65 years.

Quote:
and white republican women have received better treatment?
yes, white first lady's have received better treatment, are you really trying to say they havent ?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:59 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,797,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
John McCain lost by 10 million votes, Mitt Romney by 5. Who their wives were had nothing to do with them losing.

Republicans in both elections ran on lowering the debt and both of their plans ended up adding more than Senator/President Obama.

John McCain is somewhat socially liberal, but he couldnt run on that because it would **** off his base. He is was a war hawk in a time when Americans are weary of war.

and by your McCain logic, Al Gore should have stomped G.W. Bush.

Romney on the other hand, just ran a horrible campaign from what i can see, the whole message of the week thing didnt work out well for him and it wasnt always his fault either. His economic message wasnt going to work because he had supported previous version that were horrible.

President Obama won because he had the better plan both times.
you're obviously annoyed. again, would barack obama have won if michelle obama were white? clearly barack obama never had a plan. he's been in office for 5 years, and he's been pathetically horrific. mccain lost because of ties to bush, his age, and liberals thinking they were making history. romney lost because he was the guy that lost to mccain the election before.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
you can google the percentage in black turn out if you want, the point is black people were just fine with voting for men married to white women for the last 65 years.

yes, white first lady's have received better treatment, are you really trying to say they havent ?
this is a double fail. you failed to show me what the black voter turnout was, and you went from white republican politicians to white first ladies. I can't even remember GWB's wife's name, but I know she wasn't a politician.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
you're obviously annoyed. again, would barack obama have won if michelle obama were white? clearly barack obama never had a plan. he's been in office for 5 years, and he's been pathetically horrific. mccain lost because of ties to bush, his age, and liberals thinking they were making history. romney lost because he was the guy that lost to mccain the election before.
I answered your question in my very first response. I said yes, he would have won.

You may not have liked President Obama's plans, but he does have them, you can go to white house.gov and read them yourselves.

John McCain and Mitt Romney lost because the very arguments they were making all favored the President.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I answered your question in my very first response. I said yes, he would have won.

You may not have liked President Obama's plans, but he does have them, you can go to white house.gov and read them yourselves.

John McCain and Mitt Romney lost because the very arguments they were making all favored the President.
you are entitled to your opinion. and a quaint one it is.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
this is a double fail. you failed to show me what the black voter turnout was, and you went from white republican politicians to white first ladies. I can't even remember GWB's wife's name, but I know she wasn't a politician.
It was never my intention to show you black turnout. So how could i fail in something i never intended to do ?

NO, YOU went from White republicans to white first ladies. My comment mentioned that If Michele( first lady) was white, i did not say If Michele was a congresswomen. For some reason, you made the assumption that i was talking about female politicians as a whole, which makes no sense.

Are you trolling or do you want to have a real conversation, because the last post makes it seem like you are trolling.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:11 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,992,072 times
Quote:
and white republican women have received better treatment?
So that's why you posted...because you are protecting the Honor of White Republican Women???

You people.

How chivalrous...slam a woman in defense of women.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:15 PM

328 posts, read 685,906 times
How about--if Obama was white would he win the election.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:24 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,413,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybb View Post
How about--if Obama was white would he win the election.
Or one may ask, if the Mittsters' wife was black, how would that effect his station in life? Now that is an interesting question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies