Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times

Advertisements

You aren't qualified to tell someone else what their own interests are.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...servative.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Working class whites seem to love to point out why they are better than working class blacks and browns, but the latter seem to know which end of the horse the hay goes into, and what comes out the other end.

Kind of funny to see the guy gnawing on a horse apple, and thanking the chefs.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
My mother brainwashed me before I left high school. To her there was never anything good about a Democrat or bad about a Republican. Now she's 100 years old and her last vote was for McCain in 2008. In my opinion she was foolish. She's been on Medicare since she was 65 and she's been drawing social security since my dad died in 1999. Like so many people in the south she went to the polls and voted against her own interests.

I voted Republican for thirty years beginning in 1956 with a vote for Eisenhower. After three votes for Nixon the way he turned out caused me to blink. After Reagan's first term I saw through their scheme to create a Lord/Serf society in this country and because of that I'll never vote for them again. This is the reason:
Here's the problem with your tirade. When the MARGINAL tax rates were higher you also had more generous deductions. The net result was the government never collected more than around 20% or so of the GDP. When the tax rate was 90% nobody was actually paying that rate. The problem isn't revenue, it's spending and the spending problem you can blame Reagan, Clinton, and Bush 2 for. D's go on drunken spending sprees as well, but Reagan and Bush increased military spending without raising taxes first.

Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

This is why you should vote for the Democrats if you are going to vote along party lines.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Working class whites seem to love to point out why they are better than working class blacks and browns, but the latter seem to know which end of the horse the hay goes into, and what comes out the other end.

Kind of funny to see the guy gnawing on a horse apple, and thanking the chefs.

So true...you'd think the plutocats would at least offer one-way tickets for working class Americans to China, Taiwan, India...places where they've moved their businesses.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
I'm in a blue state which does not mean that I am a Democrat. I will not vote against my interest.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 PM

500 posts, read 375,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So, you want the government to spend less on everyone else and more on you. Got it. And cut the deficit, while giving you more decent COL increases? Right.

Another right winger dependent on the government... You're getting what you're ENTITLED too, right? Unlike these other people.
So you're saying if you bank your money (or worse: the bank takes it from you forcefully like the government does), then retire and take the money out, you're being dependent on the bank?

You must be very young not to have figured out that people using Social Security for retirement purposes are merely using the money the government took from them.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
My mother brainwashed me before I left high school. To her there was never anything good about a Democrat or bad about a Republican. Now she's 100 years old and her last vote was for McCain in 2008. In my opinion she was foolish. She's been on Medicare since she was 65 and she's been drawing social security since my dad died in 1999. Like so many people in the south she went to the polls and voted against her own interests.

I voted Republican for thirty years beginning in 1956 with a vote for Eisenhower. After three votes for Nixon the way he turned out caused me to blink. After Reagan's first term I saw through their scheme to create a Lord/Serf society in this country and because of that I'll never vote for them again.
You have only been brainwashed once - when you made the egregious error to switch from being a Republican to being a Democrat.

You should have listened to your mother.

The aged are wise.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I'm in a blue state which does not mean that I am a Democrat. I will not vote against my interest.
Same for Harrier.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:48 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You have only been brainwashed once - when you made the egregious error to switch from being a Republican to being a Democrat.

You should have listened to your mother.

The aged are wise.

So you must be what 12 ? Judging from many of your posts on this site you wouldn't know a thing about being wise. Oh and age is just age it does not mean you know more it just means you've been through more than others, then again that is assuming you've actually done something with your life. A 75yr old living on a farm and having never left would know little than someone 65 who spent a lot of time traveling and learning about different cultures.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Yes, many right-wingers willfully support policies that harm themselves, and basically harm the least fortunate while fostering the most fortunate. It's remarkably silly, but that's what drinking the GOP Kool-Aid does to some people - rips from them both elements of self-preservation and significant aspects of human decency.
I couldn't say it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies