Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Cancer patients could face high costs for medications under President Barack Obama's health care law, industry analysts and advocates warn.
Where you live could make a huge difference in what you'll pay.
To try to keep premiums low, some states are allowing insurers to charge patients a hefty share of the cost for expensive medications used to treat cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-altering chronic diseases.
Such "specialty drugs" can cost thousands of dollars a month, and in California, patients would pay up to 30 percent of the cost. For one widely used cancer drug, Gleevec, the patient could pay more than $2,000 for a month's supply, says the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Death Panels anyone???? I thought this was supposed to be AFFORDABLE!?!?! California no less? I thought they were the Liberal haven of the world and would NEVER let their bleeding hearts do this to people?!?!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-13-07-32-53
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
FAIL. This has nothing to do with Obamacare. This is an issue that is ongoing and has been in the news for years.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Did they think Obamacare would cover them for free ?
Those townhall meetings regarding the Holy Grail of healthcare really did the job.
No one bothered to find out what was passed vs what was promised.

It pays to live in reality and face the truth rather than this la-la land of political promises and no follow up.

The high risk pools that operated for 2 years went through this same angst.
"The premiums are too high" and the "costs are too high".
What did they think they were getting here ?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
FAIL. This has nothing to do with Obamacare. This is an issue that is ongoing and has been in the news for years.
True. But there are going to be problems with people falling into an abyss in many red states, where politics is going to prevent the program from working the way it was designed, and as a result, there could be many people who will find themselves with no coverage. I hope they realize who, exactly, is preventing them from receiving the benefits that their fellow Americans in blue states are getting. It's easy to be a political purist until you are the one who is suffering for it.

Then there is the issue funding. Republicans are going to do everything they possibly can to make certain the program is not funded, and then they will be able to turn around and say, "See! It doesn't work!" This is the train wreck scenario Harry Reid was talking about.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Death Panels anyone???? I thought this was supposed to be AFFORDABLE!?!?! California no less? I thought they were the Liberal haven of the world and would NEVER let their bleeding hearts do this to people?!?!

News from The Associated Press

if there are "death panels" they are going to be on the Insurance boards.[much like they are now]. Insurers have the final say if life saving treatments are covered today.

there goes your death panels...

No law or provision has gone it life without closing of loopholes and tightening of regulations. No law have ever been passed that was perfect in its context.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
if there are "death panels" they are going to be on the Insurance boards.[much like they are now]. Insurers have the final say if life saving treatments are covered today.

there goes your death panels...

No law or provision has gone it life without closing of loopholes and tightening of regulations. No law have ever been passed that was perfect in its context.
No, you're wrong. This BEAUTIFUL GEM of a law that YOU love so much was supposed to address all of this. The government will control ALL of it from cradle to grave and you know it because that is what you want.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
True. But there are going to be problems with people falling into an abyss in many red states, where politics is going to prevent the program from working the way it was designed, and as a result, there could be many people who will find themselves with no coverage. I hope they realize who, exactly, is preventing them from receiving the benefits that their fellow Americans in blue states are getting. It's easy to be a political purist until you are the one who is suffering for it.

Then there is the issue funding. Republicans are going to do everything they possibly can to make certain the program is not funded, and then they will be able to turn around and say, "See! It doesn't work!" This is the train wreck scenario Harry Reid was talking about.
CALIFORNIA.. Did you read that??? CALIFORNIA is going to charge people 2k a month for certain medications. Is that all of a sudden a red state? LMAO!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
CALIFORNIA.. Did you read that??? CALIFORNIA is going to charge people 2k a month for certain medications. Is that all of a sudden a red state? LMAO!
I guess you missed the first word of my post, which was agreeing with the previous poster about the reason for this. But I understand that when you have nothing but talking points to work off of you are unable to see anything else.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
No, you're wrong. This BEAUTIFUL GEM of a law that YOU love so much was supposed to address all of this. The government will control ALL of it from cradle to grave and you know it because that is what you want.
How can I be wrong when you assessment doesnt even make pratical sense. Obamacare was supposed to address what? Every problem with Health care in America?

Who told you that?

Stop listening to "Talk Shows" for your source of misinformation.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 AM

569 posts, read 671,157 times
Quote:

News from The Associated Press
Considering the cost for MS drugs is prohibitively expensive without insurance (mine is 48k per year) having a cut in price via the ACA, while not cheap, is at least a step in the right direction. The new MS drug about to be released is 54k per year. The cost of these drugs needs to be addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies