Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,258,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Do they have to do background checks?
Background checks aren't required for shotgun purchases, especially not a single-shot version.

At least not in most states... I don't know about Illinois.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
Is that the argument of a leftist or a gun safety advocate?
No, it's a leftist talking point, remember "it's for the kids."

Would a gun safety advocate, after reading "they are getting trained" make such an ignorant statement without knowing the extent of the training?

Quote:
Also, what in the article is a refutation of what was said?
What in that article would lead to the conclusion that children are going to die or get shot? Would that be the training part?

Quote:
That a little training is enough to prevent accidental deaths?
Do you know how much training they are getting? Do you have the curriculum for this course?

Quote:
I have seen police flag their buddies and I am sure they have plenty of training and practice. I have seen SOLDIERS flag their buddy and they eat and sleep with a rifle for YEARS. "heres my safety" *wiggles index finger*
Tell us more about your military experience? How long have you been in, where did you get your training, and what did you shoot? Saying that, I'm retired Army and have NEVER seen anyone that was properly trained say "here is my safe" (pointing to his finger) and if I did he would have been reported also. Also, being Army, does not mean in NO way you are the best, in being trained, people have failed my class for not passing an open book test (15U4N1, if you are military or prior, you'll know what those number and letters mean). Very honestly, I think your statement is BS...

Quote:
Of course, perhaps I am being obtuse and it is just a thinly veiled, invalid leftist argument.
There is a difference in being obtuse and ill-informed, which I believe for you, it is the latter....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies