Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I think it's safe to say that more than 90% of people in this forum who want to continue cannabis prohibition consider themselves as conservatives.

The only 2 here I can think of that don't believe the lies are Roadwarrior2003 and No1BrownsFan. (Sorry if I got you're names wrong.)

I wonder why that is? Conservatives are supposed to be against big government, but supporting federal prohibition is supporting the "nanny state" mentality they claim to be despise.

It literally goes against what they claim to believe.
But yet when Dems held majorities they did nothing to decriminalize. Pot meet kettle.
I'm neither conservative or liberal, but think all drugs should be decriminalized. We own our bodies and no government should tell us what can or cannot be put into them.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:13 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
It's interesting that people complain about pot "dumbing you down" when we have an opiod crisis on our hands. What are opiods often used to treat? Oh yeah, pain with cancer.

When I was diagnosed with stage IV cancer a few months into my first job out of college, not working was not an option. Not only did I have to pay for my treatment (even with good insurance, it was more than my take home income each month) but I also still had to pay general costs of life such as rent and food. I had a sack of pills to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, and nausea that made it near impossible for me to function. I was a zombie and certainly couldn't work if I wanted to take my meds.

I complained to my doctor, who suggested I start vaping marijuana or making edibles. It was decriminalized in my state but medical marijuana was not available. Marijuana didn't put me into a stupor - it took me out of it and allowed me to still support myself through treatment as well as almost immediately begin speaking gigs and grad school within a month of treatment ending. I *definitely* wouldn't have been able to do that if I was still on pain pills - and I struggled with cancer related pain for more than a year out of treatment.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:16 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I thought progressives are secular?

Why are you promoting an article by an evangelist?

Old 10-26-2015, 11:17 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
The human world is comprised of constructs.

Religion is a construct.

Laws are constructs.

What scares control freaks, is that pot vaporizes constructs, which allows people to see outside.

Many people I've known, lived their entire lives in windowless cells.

They were fearful of curtained windows because the temptation to open them drove them crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.