Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 01:17 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,387,961 times

Advertisements

Silent bump.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,044,307 times
So if it comes out today that indeed a stand down order was given to prevent any special forces from attempting to help, what will you liberals say then?

Judging from how you didn't give a damn that we repeatedly ignored requests for extra security, I take it you'll care even about this. I seriously dont know how you can sleep at night, defending this Admin. It takes a special sort of horrible person to do so.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:45 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,484,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Constantly?? Many may know who Susan Rice is, but Susan Rice is not the only source on foreign policy, nor the most knowledgeable. She was salivating over the chance of taking over as Secretary of State when Hillary stepped down. Do you think the "it was the video" that stopped her nomination for US Secretary of State, or that she wasn't the best qualified?

Prior to Benghazi, I bet most of the people who voted for Obama wouldn't have known who Susan Rice was. And I bet if you took a poll today and asked "Who is Susan Rice?" there are still many who wouldn't know.

There are very few former US Ambassadors to the UN that standout and are memorable. She isn't going to be one of them, other than be remembered for her "it was a video" statements. She certainly is no Madeline Albright who went from being US Ambassador to the UN to the first female US Secretary of State, who is still in the public eye and people still ask for her opinions on matters.
You ever watch Jay Leno asking people in the streets who the most famous people in government are. Most people are painfully ignorant. They could name who some useless celebrity is dating, but among younger Americans, how their country works is just not "entertaining enough".

Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
great post, and how about it conservatives, why weren't yu screaming about investigations into all of those attacks? Why did you give Bush a pass on all those deaths but only scream about 4 deaths under Obama?
When will you ObamaBots ever get it - it's the lies and coverup.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
We'll never know. And do you know why we'll never know? Because Democrats don't immediately embark on witch hunts for political purposes when terrorists attack our country and a Republican is in office. I personally don't remember what the Bush Administration said after any of these attacks, but it was probably something very similar to what the Obama Administration said, praising our brave diplomats and denouncing the perpetrators.

Democrats stand behind their president in the face of terrorism and present a united front to the world. That's why you don't recall the aftermath of any of these attacks. Just once, it would be nice to see Republicans put country first in the same way, but that will never happen with this bunch.
So now looking for the truth is called a witch hunt? Liberals, and their "ends justify thei means" mentality disgusts me.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Who knows what the reasons were for all of those attacks. What reasons did the Bush administration give? You don't know, do you? Why? Because the opposition didn't immediately go into attack mode and start looking for reasons to denigrate the administration. If they had, we would all remember. In the end, what mattered was that we were attacked, and we stood together as one nation, us against the terrorists.

Which of course is a lie. The president called it an act of terror the very next morning in the Rose Garden. I know, I know, he said "an act of terror" and not "terrorist attack." Horrors! He didn't use the "right" words as far as Republicans are concerned! THAT CALLS FOR AN INVESTIGATION!!

Don't you guys ever get tired of looking so stupid?
14 days after the attack, while addressing the UN, Obama blamed the video. In the Rose Garden, he called it an attack because he believed the protest about the video was an attack. So yes, he called it terrorism, but he still LIED and blamed the video for weeks after the attack.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
More nonsense. It would never have been questioned as referring to Benghazi save for the idiot attempt from the right to turn the thing into a political benefit.

The statement is general but is clearly in the context of Benghazi. Actually clever in the way of politicians.

Remember at this point the President is being very careful. He likely is not fully sure of exactly what happened - particularly with respect to the CIA operation in the Annex. He does not want to pull an Eisenhower and then have Powers appear.
Then why did he blame the video during an address to the UN on September 25th?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Susan Rice is a nobody. I bet most people didn't know who she was or that she existed until she was sent out to deliver the message: it was the video. While the WH was defending Rice they were trying to implement Plan A which was to throw Hillary under the bus and that didn't work, then it was Plan B the CIA and that didn't work, now it's Plan C Susan Rice, and that just might work.
I don't think so, not at this point. Anyone with a brain knows Rice didn't come up with this all on her own, she was given marching orders and followed them. What needs to come out is who was the general giving the orders and who altered the facts.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,044,307 times
Amd lets not forget the little reported fact that right after this happened, we spent thousands on ads in foreign Muslim countries condemning the video, using clips of Hillary and Obama.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So now looking for the truth is called a witch hunt? Liberals, and their "ends justify thei means" mentality disgusts me.
It's not a witch hunt when the name Bush is attached, then it's a fact finding mission.

I do find it interesting that they're having hearings today about a new ambassador for Libya. Wonder who'd be crazy enough to take that job and that candidate better be wondering if the administration is trying to get rid of him/her?

Hey, maybe Rice will be the new Libya sitting duck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.