Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 PM

30,448 posts, read 52,156,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
Now if they try forcing this garbage into kids in school,churches,boy scouts etc...then I will take a different course of action.I can always pull the kids out of Girl/Boy Scouts and can Home School them although I don't want to. I may even send them to religious school just to keep them out of the indoctrination centers of the government even though they aren't raised religious.
Forcing what garbage? The fact that homosexuals exist, or what exactly?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:36 PM

30,448 posts, read 52,156,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Except that sucking sound of more tax dollars down the drain just got a little louder. That's what this is really about - money! How romantic eh?
Who said it was supposed to be romantic? Legal marriage has long been about the money, for both gay and straight couples... if it weren't, waaaay more people would likely opt for ceremonies without the paperwork & legally-binding commitment. My brother and his girlfriend have been living together for over 7 years, and don't plan to marry until they're ready for kids (to financially protect them). If it were only about love and romance, they would have tied the knot years ago!

Oh, but it isn't ALL about money, considering the hundreds of rights & benefits associated with marriage - not all of which are financial.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,521,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Jeez, that was a stretch. Now we'll be able to blame gays for fewer cops? Oh boy
Nope, not a stretch at all. anytime less money comes to the government the left cries about less cops on the street.

Gay marriage creates benefits and tax breaks for people. The left should be scaring us with their usual nonsense. But the left are a bunch of liars.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,318,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Nope, not a stretch at all. anytime less money comes to the government the left cries about less cops on the street.

Gay marriage creates benefits and tax breaks for people. The left should be scaring us with their usual nonsense. But the left are a bunch of liars.
You're so right, lets get rid of marriage all together, such freeloaders.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
That is your argument? In that case, you MUST be against the government recognizing heterosexual marriages. Even if gay marriage was legalized more than 95% of these benefits you are concerned about would go to heterosexual couples.
Yep. I'm against government recognizing any marriage.

Marriage is a religious ceremony and the government has no right to intefere in religion.

And people that don't marry are discrminated against because they do not get the same government benefits as marrieds. Which proves that pro-gay marriage people are not about equality, they are for discrimination against singles.

Why do people think they need government to approve their personal relationships anyway? It's pathetic.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You're so right, lets get rid of marriage all together, such freeloaders.
Nope.

Lets get rid of government interference in marriage.

If you want equality that is the only way to do it.

Unless you wanna give the same benefits to singles.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,143,722 times
Quote:
Yep. I'm against government recognizing any marriage.

Marriage is a religious ceremony and the government has no right to intefere in religion.

And people that don't marry are discrminated against because they do not get the same government benefits as marrieds. Which proves that pro-gay marriage people are not about equality, they are for discrimination against singles.

Why do people think they need government to approve their personal relationships anyway? It's pathetic.
So if the government stopped issuing as well as revoked all previously issued civil marriage licenses, which would you do first:

Deport all the foreign born spouses of Americans or throw all the military wives out of base housing?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,318,085 times
Quote:
Nope.

Lets get rid of government interference in marriage.

If you want equality that is the only way to do it.

Unless you wanna give the same benefits to singles.
Get married if you want the benefits that married people enjoy....I know, first you have to find someone actually willing to marry you which is hard work, but for s**ts and giggles, you go on a end government contract binding marriages and see how far you get with it in this country. I am sure you will give people on both sides of the political spectrum a good laugh.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So if the government stopped issuing as well as revoked all previously issued civil marriage licenses, which would you do first:

Deport all the foreign born spouses of Americans or throw all the military wives out of base housing?
I wouldn't do either.

Why would I?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,143,722 times
Quote:
I wouldn't do either.

Why would I?
Well, those are two rights granted by civil marriage law. If you do away with civil marriage, those rights go away.

(By the way, due to DOMA, those are two rights legally married straight people get, but legally married gay people don't get)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies