Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
And my point is that you're all assuming he came here illegally because of the color of his skin and his supposed lack of proficiency in English--that he's a native Spanish speaker. If he was from Sweden or France, you'd never in a million years make those assumptions. You don't know what his immigration status is, so don't pull race card crap with me. It's not "the race card" when people are being racist a**hats.
Oh stop this BS! If he were a Swedish guy with white skin the comments would be the same. Why did he speak in Swedish rather than English after being here for 26 years? Is he here illegally based on that? The questions would be the same so stick your race card back in your wallet. The victimhood of Hispanics never cease to amaze me.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,959,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you think it's great living in segregated communities and not be able to communicate with the rest of society in the common language of English? Might as well just divide this nation up into seperate countries then. United we stand, divided we fall. Why do you suppose other nations have an official language? They don't have immigrants in them? English deserves its rightful place as official being a part of our culture and heritage since its founding. It is American culture. Those who would deny us that have an agenda and it isn't a savory one. I certainly wouldn't deny any other country making its identifying language official.
he is first generation, his son spoke english, and his son will even better. Seems you want to be the assimilation police.

This guy asked you for nothing, his son was working in his dad's store...how much more American do they need to be?

Let me tell you...not one bit more. If you cant accept the world as it is, that is your problem.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:15 PM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
he is first generation, his son spoke english, and his son will even better. Seems you want to be the assimilation police.

This guy asked you for nothing, his son was working in his dad's store...how much more American do they need to be?

Let me tell you...not one bit more. If you cant accept the world as it is, that is your problem.
26 years of living here and it's possible he still can't speak English even though he came here at age 18 and all you can say is accept the world the way it is? Why am I the bad one here but he gets glowing remarks for possibly not learning English after living in our English speaking country after 26 years? The more you post the more I believe you hate this country, it's dominant demographic makeup and our identifying culture and language. Why is that?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,959,771 times
Quote:
26 years of living here and it's possible he still can't speak English even though he came here at age 18 and all you can say is accept the world the way it is? Why am I the bad one here but he gets glowing remarks for possibly not learning English after living in our English speaking country after 26 years? The more you post the more I believe you hate this country, it's dominant demographic makeup and our identifying culture and language. Why is that?
What did he ask of you? What is his son asking of you?

I hate this country? I hate no man.

I believe in what the reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said..."Let no man pull you low enough to hate him".

I refuse to go that low.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Prove it. Must suck to walk around so bitter all the time, hey? Poor you.
Can you prove he didn't steal a job an American wanted?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,129,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Can you prove he didn't steal a job an American wanted?
Well now you can have his job working 15 hours a day in the bodega. He wont need it anymore.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,388,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How is this possible?
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than to work smart. Don't worry about it, if he's like most lottery winners he'll blow all of it, the money will end up back in the economy and he'll be back working at the bodega.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM

408 posts, read 608,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Where is his integration into society?
Looks like he'll be integrating just fine now.

Integration in America = $$$$$

Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 PM

491 posts, read 374,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
It didn't. As I posted ABOVE - NO WHERE.

He was heard speaking Spanish to his mother on the phone telling her of his win - NO WHERE did the article say he couldn't speak English.

But let us not let facts get in the way of posting
Facts?

What are those?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,751 times
Quote:
Ah, the race card! Thought I smelt it. Hardly anyone gives a damn about the color of someone's skin anymore. If he his here illegally he had no right to come here or to open a business here. What part of that aren't you getting? What does that fact have to do with being dumb or a hater?
Apparently to them anyone who dislikes illegals coming here must be a racist. That's because their brains aren't fully formed yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies