Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,522,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, I do wonder why the OP is not shouting for joy. We have entire threads of right wingers praising the layoffs of those bloated government workers.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ts-lols-2.html

Now they are wring their hands over same.

It's like trying to nail jelly to a tree.
I noticed you provided a link to a thread I started. Thank you. I like to feel important.

Just so you know I'm not a right winger.

Nor was I praising the layoffs. I was just pointing out that government spending was gonna increase spending during these cuts. lols. Only in D.C. could an increase be considered a cut.

If iy were up to me though, I would cut federal spending 80-90% and fire almost the entire federal workforce. But that's just me.

Some people think that is crazy. I say it's crazy to keep giving money to people who think a spending increase is a spending cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,999,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Furloughs are not as bad as getting layed off.

So they work a few less days per month. If the money isn't there, the money isn't there.
Or we can say the money went to Egypt......Muslim Brotherhood was looking for a way to make a living also...

Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,999,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why doesn't Obama cut financial aid given to nations like Egypt instead?

It's insane that middle class Americans are being made to suffer but so much money is being sent to nations like Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood gets the benefit of all that money.

American military are being cut off from college financial aid while Obama ensures the illegals that they will be given it.

And the large and growing welfare class is not facing any kind of cuts. Since Obama wants free contraception, why not require those on welfare to use it?
And not help his brother's in need......silly Americans they actually think this President cares about moving America forward in a positive manner. Getting out of debt is the farthest thing from what this President wants to accomplish.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:55 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,927,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Or we can say the money went to Egypt......Muslim Brotherhood was looking for a way to make a living also...
Why would a liberal Obama admin support a conservative government? It makes no sense and shows the limits of a typical Tea Partiers world knowledge. Muslim brotherhood = conservatives of Egypt = GOP, and yes they were democratically elected. They have more in common with Republicans than Democrats.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,594,645 times
These acts reek of pettiness from a thin-skinned demagogue and a very sore loser; he doesn't realize how childish he looks by doing this.

As ABC News reported, closing the WH to tours will save a whopping $18K per week.

Meanwhile the EPA, one of Obama's best job-killing entities, just handed out $141,000 to fund a study on swine manure---by the Chinese!!!!

And of course the thought of saving $27,000,000 by cancelling funding for pottery classes in MOROCCO horrifies and terrifies this imbecile to no end.

And of course, saving a whopping $277,000, the combined salaries of three White House calligraphers would bring on levels of Armageddon not seen since the Bruce Willis/Michael Bay movie of the same name according to President Apocalypse.

Idling snowplows in Yellowstone due to this sequesters is yet another preposterous move by this lame-brained prophet of doom.

Have we ever had another President this dense who doesn't know crap about PR while simultaneously refusing to realize how silly and idiotic he looks?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Getting out of debt is the farthest thing from what this President wants to accomplish.
You mean like how when Dubya was handed a surplus he chose to blow it on tax cuts and wars instead of paying down the debt?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:02 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,522,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Why would a liberal Obama admin support a conservative government? It makes no sense and shows the limits of a typical Tea Partiers world knowledge. Muslim brotherhood = conservatives of Egypt = GOP, and yes they were democratically elected. They have more in common with Republicans than Democrats.
Please never take a job as any type of political analyst.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,993,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I noticed you provided a link to a thread I started. Thank you. I like to feel important.

Just so you know I'm not a right winger.

Nor was I praising the layoffs. I was just pointing out that government spending was gonna increase spending during these cuts. lols. Only in D.C. could an increase be considered a cut.

If iy were up to me though, I would cut federal spending 80-90% and fire almost the entire federal workforce. But that's just me.

Some people think that is crazy. I say it's crazy to keep giving money to people who think a spending increase is a spending cut.
Yeah if you want to cut federal spending by 90% you are so far right that you are probably an anarchist.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Please never take a job as any type of political analyst.
I know its hard to believe for Republicans engulfed in the FoxNews bubble but the Muslim brotherhood, like the Taliban, are the GOP/conservative equivalents of their respective countries..

Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,488,899 times
Budget cuts lead to fewer jobs. We need less government employees, now you're going to complain about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies