Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,746,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
fyi... the judge ordered the Miami-Dade Schools Police Department to make all records regarding tm's jewelry in his backpack case available for inspection by the defense and state. My vilifying guess is they are trying to match the jewelry to a burglary. iirc, tm told the school cop a friend gave him the jewelry to hold, and refused to identify the friend.
I think they have already found it. There was an armed robbery very close to Krop High school a few days before Trayvon was found with the jewelry. At least some of the jewelry from that seems to match what Trayvon had. Had the Miami School police investigated the jewelry as possibly being stolen rather than doing a "Found Property" report to hide potential crimes, this could have been solved in 2011.

Have you seen all the depositions of the Miami Dade school police officers that were done by Internal Affairs that show they were ordered to leave things out of their reports to lower the crime numbers? And the one officer specifically talking about them freaking out when they pulled Trayvon's records and realized things had been hidden?

I bet the now demoted Police Chief wishes he had never opened that can of worms. He was hoping to catch whoever released info to the Miami Herald about Trayvon's suspensions, the jewelry, etc., and instead got himself caught in a coverup.

I also thought the information from the hearing about the long hidden note was interesting. DeeDee had help from a "friend" whose name she didn't know for sure, but the "friend" traveled with her to Jacksonville for the August interview, which the prosecutor tried to hide, they spent at least one night there together, at some point were supposed to have given Sybrina a note that they mentioned to no one else and wasn't produced until March of this year?

I wonder if the defense has been able to locate this mysterious friend? And I wonder what else happened in August. Apparently things went so poorly that the prosecutor tried to hide the entire trip. Had it not been for an FDLE officer recording picking them up from the airport, the defense would never have known about the trip. BDLR sure didn't want them to know about it. And how can DeeDee go on an overnight trip with a friend and not know her name?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,424,831 times
Quote:
fyi... the judge ordered the Miami-Dade Schools Police Department to make all records regarding tm's jewelry in his backpack case available for inspection by the defense and state. My vilifying guess is they are trying to match the jewelry to a burglary. iirc, tm told the school cop a friend gave him the jewelry to hold, and refused to identify the friend.
So? Exactly how do you convict someone of a crime after they are dead? How can it be proven that TM was not "holding" the jewelry for a friend? That is a question which would have been answered if TM had been charged and tried for that offense. AND there's that bothersome little thing about having the right to face your accusers, and, of course, a dead defendant can't do that.

I would think that there will be a big "fight" about this issue in pre-trial hearings. There would have to be law to support putting this "evidence" on during the trial. Just because something is found during discovery does not always mean that that "something" is allowed in at trial. Seems to me that's why the Court cut the State off when they were getting into this during the last hearing.....it's an issue to be argued in a more substantive hearing prior to trial.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I think they have already found it. There was an armed robbery very close to Krop High school a few days before Trayvon was found with the jewelry. At least some of the jewelry from that seems to match what Trayvon had. Had the Miami School police investigated the jewelry as possibly being stolen rather than doing a "Found Property" report to hide potential crimes, this could have been solved in 2011.

Have you seen all the depositions of the Miami Dade school police officers that were done by Internal Affairs that show they were ordered to leave things out of their reports to lower the crime numbers? And the one officer specifically talking about them freaking out when they pulled Trayvon's records and realized things had been hidden?

I bet the now demoted Police Chief wishes he had never opened that can of worms. He was hoping to catch whoever released info to the Miami Herald about Trayvon's suspensions, the jewelry, etc., and instead got himself caught in a coverup.

I also thought the information from the hearing about the long hidden note was interesting. DeeDee had help from a "friend" whose name she didn't know for sure, but the "friend" traveled with her to Jacksonville for the August interview, which the prosecutor tried to hide, they spent at least one night there together, at some point were supposed to have given Sybrina a note that they mentioned to no one else and wasn't produced until March of this year?

I wonder if the defense has been able to locate this mysterious friend? And I wonder what else happened in August. Apparently things went so poorly that the prosecutor tried to hide the entire trip. Had it not been for an FDLE officer recording picking them up from the airport, the defense would never have known about the trip. BDLR sure didn't want them to know about it. And how can DeeDee go on an overnight trip with a friend and not know her name?
This ^^^^ seems to be "gossip." You say the jewelry "seems to match." "Seems to match" doesn't count when you are looking for facts. How, under the Rules of Evidence, do you think this stuff could be admitted as "evidence" at trial? Remember, Rules of Evidence.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-02-2013 at 07:46 AM..

Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
YES, I consider the Zman a political prisoner. He WILL be sent away for a very long time by a very corrupt and disgusting Federal Government.

A "political prisoner"....LMAO. This idea is just ridiculous. It sounds paranoid and naive.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
This isn't a Federal trial.
True. Amazingly, some folks don't seem to "get" the difference between state court and federal court.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,708,733 times
Poor widdle Trayvon. Much more at link...

M-DSPD Cover Up – The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool… | The Last Refuge

Dear Detective Manresa,
Per phone conversation of 4/30/13 @ 10:20am regarding burglary incident #PD111021-422483
During the course of research surrounding an internal affairs M-DSPD investigation in March/April of 2012 it coincidentally came to our attention that School Resource Officer Darryl Dunn (Dr. Krop Senior High School) filled out a report of items from a student’s backpack without criminal attachment.
The internal documentation used by SRO Dunn only listed the contents of the backpack as “found items” and a burglary tool. He was trying to avoid subjecting the student [Trayvon Martin] to a criminal investigation, therefore no criminal report, nor investigation was initiated.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,530,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So? Exactly how do you convict someone of a crime after they are dead? How can it be proven that TM was not "holding" the jewelry for a friend? That is a question which would have been answered if TM had been charged and tried for that offense. AND there's that bothersome little thing about having the right to face your accusers, and, of course, a dead defendant can't do that.

I would think that there will be a big "fight" about this issue in pre-trial hearings. There would have to be law to support putting this "evidence" on during the trial. Just because something is found during discovery does not always mean that that "something" is allowed in at trial. Seems to me that's why the Court cut the State off when they were getting into this during the last hearing.....it's an issue to be argued in a more substantive hearing prior to trial.
I'm going to state the obvious for you --- it's not a question of convicting him of a crime. Whether tm was somehow in possession of jewelry stolen during a burglary can go directly to gz's initial call and the elements of murder 2. It isn't proof of whether tm was meandering, dilly-dallying, strolling in the rain with Skittles and iced tea chatting with his girlfriend who can't spell his name, or whether gz's call and following him had a sensible basis in behavior rather than 'profiling.'

As an aside, there are lots of experts on the 'typical' teen boy around here. If a school cop asks a student the name of the friend who gave him women's jewelry, does the 'typical' teen refuse to answer ?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,530,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

[snip]
That's one way to lower the crime rate by, what was it, 60% ? Leave things out of reports, not report to the police, and classify doers as psychologically-off.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:59 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,047,435 times
Quote:

As an aside, there are lots of experts on the 'typical' teen boy around here. If a school cop asks a student the name of the friend who gave him women's jewelry, does the 'typical' teen refuse to answer ?
Often, yes.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I'm going to state the obvious for you --- it's not a question of convicting him of a crime. Whether tm was somehow in possession of jewelry stolen during a burglary can go directly to gz's initial call and the elements of murder 2. It isn't proof of whether tm was meandering, dilly-dallying, strolling in the rain with Skittles and iced tea chatting with his girlfriend who can't spell his name, or whether gz's call and following him had a sensible basis in behavior rather than 'profiling.'

It's actually a question of RELEVANCE. Did Zimmerman know Trayvon prior to seeing him that night, and did he recognize him that night when he saw him??? NO!! He did NOT.. Therefore, how would any past record regarding Trayvon in terms of a robbery several years ago be relevant in THIS CASE??? It wouldn't be. Unless Zimmerman is a psychic and could look in his crystal ball and read the school records. Or unless someone had told Z about any connection Trayvon might have to a robbery, for which he was not charged, prior to the night Zimmerman saw him.

There will be a battle over how much, if any, of that information will be allowed in the trial, and that battle will take place in pre-trial hearings.

ETA: It does NOT take an expert to know that kids today do not "Snith" on each other. So the answer is that a "typical teen" most likely would refuse to give up the name of someone who had asked them to "hold" some objects for them.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-02-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies