Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Why why why do expend so much time and energy on this case? Why is it such a focal point of your life? What outcome do you want and how will that make a difference in your life?
Do you not realize this is a diversion, for whatever the race baiters want to make of it? It's out of your hands, why not just go on about your business until this resolves itself with a verdict, that won't make a hill o beans diff to you anyway.
First of all, I post on this board for the same reason most people post here; it's fun and entertainment.

Criminal cases are of interest to me, not just this one. It is not "such a focal point" in my life simply because I post in this thread. Generally, I post in threads which are interestnig to me and in which I have some factual knowledge. This case takes up very little of my time. However, I do live in Florida, and it could be that the verdict in this case makes a difference in Florida. I have worked in the justice system for a long time and these things interest me.

I don't understand why you say a verdict "won't make a hill o beans diff to" me anyway.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I understand that. But the issue will be addressed. And not in a nice way. You can count on it.
I agree. MOTIVE will be very important and the issue will be addressed. IMO, Zimmerman may have a very hard time proving self defense without taking the stand. Of course, we have to wait to see what happens. I am looking forward to watching this trial.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,830,828 times
I was a juror in a murder trial a couple of years ago. I was absolutely astounded at how thorough the prosecutor was. And really how he presented the case. It lasted 4 days. Thru the first 3 days I was convinced the defendant was innocent. And then the last day the prosecutor presented the last piece of evidence. And boom. The guilt was obvious.

It took 1 hour of deliberation. And half of that time was voting on the foreman and waiting on the papers from the judge.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I was a juror in a murder trial a couple of years ago. I was absolutely astounded at how thorough the prosecutor was. And really how he presented the case. It lasted 4 days. Thru the first 3 days I was convinced the defendant was innocent. And then the last day the prosecutor presented the last piece of evidence. And boom. The guilt was obvious.

It took 1 hour of deliberation. And half of that time was voting on the foreman and waiting on the papers from the judge.
u

That's why I like trials so much! If your jury took only an hour to come to a verdict of guilty, then the prosecutor was clearly well prepared and good at what he/she was doing. I've never been on a jury. Jury duty is a very important service in our communities! I've never understood why some people always want to get out of jury duty.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,229,182 times
If Zimmerman had actually been a cop, there would have been no arrest at all! He would have had desk duty with pay for a few days and the other cops doing their so-called investigation would have found no wrong doing! The double standard in this country is pathetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Your extreme bias is showing in paragraph one.

Why? Because Zimmerman desperately wanted to be an authority figure, he wanted to be a cop, so he was looking for a situation in which he could look like a "hero" by "saving" people in the complex from crime, so he saw "crime" where there was no crime.

Because he was just a "wannabe cop" looking for opportunities to impress the cops or become one of them.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,591,262 times
Quote:
First of all, I post on this board for the same reason most people post here; it's fun and entertainment.

Criminal cases are of interest to me, not just this one. It is not "such a focal point" in my life simply because I post in this thread. Generally, I post in threads which are interestnig to me and in which I have some factual knowledge. This case takes up very little of my time. However, I do live in Florida, and it could be that the verdict in this case makes a difference in Florida. I have worked in the justice system for a long time and these things interest me.

I don't understand why you say a verdict "won't make a hill o beans diff to" me anyway.
I didn't mean to pick on you, I just worry about Zimmerman getting a fair trial. I was glad that some of the media attention had died down, but obviously the interest has not. Carry on.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
It's my understanding that Martin had no criminal record at all.
That because it can't be made public because he was a juvenile. His criminal record was just getting started.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
If Zimmerman had actually been a cop, there would have been no arrest at all! He would have had desk duty with pay for a few days and the other cops doing their so-called investigation would have found no wrong doing! The double standard in this country is pathetic!
I'd guess that if Zimmerman had been a cop that the shooting would never have happened. He would have known better than to do what he did.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I'd guess that if Zimmerman had been a cop that the shooting would never have happened. He would have known better than to do what he did.
You jump a cop from behind, you dead!
Same scenario would have played out except cops don't act alone.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,830,828 times
Zimmerman wasn't jumped from behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies