Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 AM

281 posts, read 751,495 times

Advertisements

The Word Latino makes them seem so sexy and appealing. Vs Hispanic does not sound so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 AM

63,038 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Its as much the fault of the rich as it is the illegals. Jesus Christ on a popcycle stick, Drug dealers would not be here if the rich kids did not buy pot and cocaine, If the rich did not hire them to mow the lawns or shingle the roofs or wash the dishes they would not be here. The rich and business class are the ones who create the jobs that they jump the river to get.
I hold our government accountable and I mean both parties for not securing our borders over several administrations and not removing the incentives for them to come here like jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So what you ask? It is troublesome when it has been happening mostly due to illegal immigration.
Can't be. Our government has told us the number of illegals are static at 11 million for the past 15 years and this year is on the decline.

Now who is telling the truth here ?

Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,187,842 times
This must explain all the new varieties of salsa and hot sauce in the supermarket.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,392,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Can't be. Our government has told us the number of illegals are static at 11 million for the past 15 years and this year is on the decline.

Now who is telling the truth here ?
A TOTAL fabrication by that all-so-trusting MSM media and our "elected" officials:

CAPS - Illegal Aliens Estimated at 20 to 38 Million

30 Million Illegal Immigrants Already in U.S., Claims New Book

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...w=1280&bih=933

Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,466,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
And the fact that the dominant European-American culture is literally being displaced by a foreign one.
Ooooooh, okay. They are much more receptive to this crap at Stormfront.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,392,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Ooooooh, okay. They are much more receptive to this crap at Stormfront.
As if Chinese want Chinese culture to turn into German culture, or Iranian culture wants Iranian culture to turn into Mexican culture. But since I said "European" it's racist? Got it.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Quote:
As if Chinese want Chinese culture to turn into German culture, or Iranian culture wants Iranian culture to turn into Mexican culture. But since I said "European" it's racist? Got it.

The foundation of Latino culture is European. Spanish language, culture and customs (many of which are very similar to Italian and especially Portuguese) form the basis.... and it's simply heavily Catholic when it comes to holiday traditions. Foods are where you'll find the most difference between American and "Latinos," IMO, and that's really because of the foods available in Latin America.

In the case of Mexico, much of what we experience in the US as "Mexican" is really "Tex-Mex."

Not to say that I think we should accommodate Spanish language and culture everywhere - I don't. It's not fair to Americans, OR immigrants from non-Spanish speaking countries (who I guess are expected to make do on their own while Spanish is coddled).

My father is an immigrant and had to spend a year in school learning English before he was mainstreamed with the rest of his class in the 60s and 70s. He's got a heavy accent, but he doesn't need bilingual signs!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,955,392 times
Quote:
No. You just cited the facts. Are you saying, You can't believe the increase or you don't want to believe the facts? Or are you saying the cited facts are not to be believed?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,928,830 times
Quote:
And the fact that the dominant European-American culture is literally being displaced by a foreign one.
Uh; "Hispanic" culture is "white European" too tho; I want ALL illegal aliens OUT of the US.

If Hispanic culture became the main 1 here; it'd would still be white people on top and dark skin people on the bottom. Look at LatAm; it's that way in 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies