Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,229,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Sad story. Maybe things change when kids get older. My friend is dating a Haitian guy, and my cousin is engaged to a Haitian guy. I once had a co-worker who's son in half-Haitian. From this video, once could assume that African-Americans and Haitians have major problems with each other, but from my experience this isn't so. I noticed that people are quick to show videos that confirm their negative beliefs about a particular group or groups, but don't show videos that counter that belief system. Such is life I suppose.
No, I understand that everyone is not like that. There are great African-American people out here but there are still some very apparent issues when it comes of others of African origin. It's not to say that others do not have airs or cannot be ignorant, but the kind of hostility that is directed at them. I've been through it...and so have friends and family. It's just for being yourself, since you happen to be different. Maybe for that reason it may bother me more. It's at the high school and college levels where some of this because more apparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 02:12 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,867,439 times
This is more about religion not race.I think.Muslims in this day and age are getting it from everyone.Its also culture.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,972,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A couple of thoughts

1. Not sure why we keep importing Somali Muslims not sure it's wise.
2. African American kids don't get along with anybody but remember they're the victims.
When you decide to walk up to a black kid and call him out...let me know, i want to have my camera rolling.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,867,439 times
Quote:
A couple of thoughts

2. African American kids don't get along with anybody but remember they're the victims.
What?What kind of person are you?
Those people are HUMAN BEINGS.They are not TOYOTA's!They deserve to live a life free of suffering. All people do.If we as Americans are as GOOD and "God" loving as we say we are then its a simple deduction.

2.Why are you blaming African American kids?As if this does not happen by many different groups?

You are very one sided in your opinions.You really need to get out more and see the world as it really is.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,496,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As much as I know some of this is going on, the way I see it, the only reason you point this out is to say something bad about African-Americans. That is what I see from you. I have never heard you say anything about African-Americans being targeted by Hispanic gangs in California. Not a word from you about it. It makes me suspect you just don't like African-Americans. Really, what is your agenda?
I started a thread about it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...imidation.html

My agenda is the truth sorry it hurts but there you have it.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,363,290 times
What exactly is so interesting about this story that it should become a national headline? A school brawl featuring a food fight?

Are some of you THAT starved for bad news? Sure sounds like it.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,656,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So what are you saying, chief? All the blacks should go back to Africa? All the Indians go back to India? All the Chinese go back to China? All the Turks go back to Turkey? All the Swedes go back to Sweden?

And what about the whites? Should they all go back to whatever country their ancestors came from?
(that would be interesting, since I am English, Polish, and Russian)

The native American Indians came from Asia. Should they all be sent back to Asia?
I think that what a lot of these rabid righties would like is if we re-introduced slavery and THEN sent all other nationalities back to their homeland. The whites, of course, would stay and rule.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 AM

25,927 posts, read 16,660,393 times
Quote:
A couple of thoughts

I don't agree with you as far as African American kids. I think they get along as well as anyone. But these Somali imports are another story. The crime in Minneapolis has gone way up since they started bringing them in and any black long time Minneapolis resident would tell you the same thing. They don't like them either.

For some reason St Paul got a huge influx of Hmong and Minneapolis got the Somalis. St Paul has thrived with the new Hmong immigrants. They raise the bar at any school they go to because education is their parents #1 priority. They break the law less than any other group and they work 16 hours a day. You can throw lemons at them and I promise you they will make the best lemonade you have ever had.

University Ave was run down and the real estate value was bad. The Hmongs took over all the businesses and completely transformed it. Now one of the bright stories in the Twin Cities. Their children graduate college at a higher rate now than white parents. They are a true American success story.

As far as the Somalis in Minneapolis? Seems the only jobs they want are cab drivers and unemployment. And Minneapolis is suffering big time from it.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,999,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Exactly you see it for what it really is. I was just going to Post, we have a much bias slanted media today, then that in 1960.

The news reported today, is shaped for the Democratic Party agendas.

When we have a slanted media, there is a lot of good news we truly miss out on.

And news reporters are not suppose to be bias, but just the facts Man.

Change the color to Black versus White, and it would become news worthy.
I believe your right here.....image if this was White kids fighting Muslims kids.......how rasict those white kids would be. They really think were all going to mix, one thing to be an American it's another to move here and want to keep your culture in all that you do.

Nothing like loading people on a boat and moving them to a country they could careless about.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM

73,232 posts, read 63,127,655 times
Quote:
I started a thread about it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...imidation.html

My agenda is the truth sorry it hurts but there you have it.
Well, maybe you did, but based on your over all track record, this is what I see. There is a difference in what I see from other posters, and what I see from you. You seem to have this hateful "I'm better than you" mentality. There are posters on here who do address issues that are taking place in the Black community, and are trying to address the issue, but they don't do it in the hateful way that you have. You have even suggested that Jim Crow was a good thing. I don't see any other Black people saying that. There are Black people who are exasperated by some of the dysfunction that has taken place over the last 40 years, but from I see this "I look down on Black Americans" mentality. If you come at Black Americans with that kind of mentality, of course we are not going to listen to you. There is a difference between tough love(which is what Bill Cosby, Michael Nutter, Thomas Sowell, and some other leaders advocate) and your arrogance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies