Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM

12,858 posts, read 17,005,805 times

Advertisements

And the officers involved will. Just a horrible set of circumstances, just horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:13 AM

68 posts, read 51,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Now that the Dorner incident is over, the Police Departments of Los Angeles and Torrence need to account for the blatantly unprofessional conduct of their officers.
In two separate incidences the police opened fire on innocent motorists without reason or provocation. A quote from one of the victim’s lawyers stated "As you know, officers of the Torrance Police Department attempted to kill Mr. Perdue" Thursday, the attorneys wrote in a letter to the agency's chief.” I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said Robert Sheahen, Perdue's attorney. "These people need training and they need restraint."
In the other incident, again the vehicle did not match Dorner's vehicle and the 2 Asian ladies delivering papers certainly did not match his description, but that did not stop police from opening fire on them wounding one of the ladies. It is just fortunate they were not better shots or we would have 3 innocent people lying in the morgue. The action of these officers was reckless and dangerous and showed complete and total disregard for the safety of anybody besides themselves.
Oh, don't worry - no one was seriously injured, they all just won the lottery - albeit in an exciting manner.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM

26,691 posts, read 14,688,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepsis View Post
Oh, don't worry - no one was seriously injured, they all just won the lottery - albeit in an exciting manner.
I am sure you would put yourself and your children through that kind of lottery!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM

I am really sick and tired of those trigger happy police. They harm more than they serve.

What we need to do is to limit their magazine capacity to 3 and only allow SWAT team to have standard capacity magazines and assault rifles since they have more proper training.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They harm more than they serve.
Oh really? I'd like to see the facts on that.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Oh really? I'd like to see the facts on that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/ny...anted=all&_r=0

Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,807,964 times
If Dorner did indeed go on a killing rampage, I don't have much sympathy for him.

That being said, it is weird that he supposedly had all these wallets - with his real IDs in them -that apparently he ran around placing in strategic places to be sure that police found them - even to the point where he thought, in the middle of a free for all shootout and a consuming fire, to take his wallet and place it away from his body, apparently in a place that would be safe from the inferno that ensued - as a courtesy to the police when they needed to identify his body.

This thing reeks. The LAPD is out of control and has been for decades. No wonder he was pissed.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
And? How does that support your claim?

Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
And? How does that support your claim?
Look at the number of shots fired. Why do they need to be so trigger happy? Since most police have backup, what's the reason they have so many rounds in their guns?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Look at the number of shots fired. Why do they need to be so trigger happy? Since most police have backup, what's the reason they have so many rounds in their guns?
Oh, haha - I thought you were being serious.

My bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies