Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Nothing to see here.

With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think.
"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said.
And so, she passed along her concern.
"She told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" Isaac Robertson Jr. said.
The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds
"I felt like I was in a warzone." Jerrals said. "It was nonstop. I was terrified."
Turns out, it was a multi-agency training drill that Jerrals wished would have come with warning.
"They could have done a better job in notifying the neighborhood," Jerrals said.
The Army did not give any details of what the training is for. Some people we spoke to needed no explanation.
"If it's to protect our kids, I'm all for it," neighbor Glenn DeWitt said.

Baaaaaaa says the sheep. Unbelievable how stupid people are.

Did you see or hear helicopters? Army training exercise takes over on Houston's south side | abc13.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 12:52 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nothing to see here.

With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think.
"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said.
"She told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" Isaac Robertson Jr. said.
The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds
"I felt like I was in a warzone." Jerrals said. "It was nonstop. I was terrified."
Turns out, it was a multi-agency training drill that Jerrals wished would have come with warning.
"They could have done a better job in notifying the neighborhood," Jerrals said.
The Army did not give any details of what the training is for. Some people we spoke to needed no explanation.

Did you see or hear helicopters? Army training exercise takes over on Houston's south side | abc13.com
I just made reference to what that guy said in another thread. Amazing isn't it? Stupid, stupid people in this country. Yeah dude, the military is conducting training so they can properly defend and protect your kids from delusional hipsters with a semi-auto rifle. It's just simply amazing. I was on another forum discussing this same article and someone said, "The military regularly practices and trains in civilian cities". I can't take this stupidity anymore. I live by a joint military base consisting of Army, Air force and Navy and I have never in 30 years that I've been here, seen any of them conduct training in civilian areas.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I just made reference to what that guy said in another thread. Amazing isn't it? Stupid, stupid people in this country. Yeah dude, the military is conducting training so they can properly defend and protect your kids from delusional hipsters with a semi-auto rifle. It's just simply amazing. I was on another forum discussing this same article and someone said, "The military regularly practices and trains in civilian cities". I can't take this stupidity anymore. I live by a joint military base consisting of Army, Air force and Navy and I have never in 30 years that I've been here, seen any of them conduct training in civilian areas.
Of course you haven't seen anything like that the way the Missourians did nearly a year ago. I don't think I ever heard anything like this in my entire 80 year life. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with the Obama administration and their desire to take over completely.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Nothing to see here.

THEY (the leaners) will be in shortly. I can hear all their gripes already.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchief25 View Post
nothing to see here.

With military helicopters flying above her southeast houston neighborhood, frances jerrals didn't know what to think.
"when you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," jerrals said.
"she told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" isaac robertson jr. Said.
The u.s. Army along with other agencies took over the old carnegie vanguard high school near scott and airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds
"i felt like i was in a warzone." jerrals said. "it was nonstop. I was terrified."
turns out, it was a multi-agency training drill that jerrals wished would have come with warning.
"they could have done a better job in notifying the neighborhood," jerrals said.
The army did not give any details of what the training is for. Some people we spoke to needed no explanation.
"if it's to protect our kids, i'm all for it," neighbor glenn dewitt said.

baaaaaaa says the sheep. Unbelievable how stupid people are.

did you see or hear helicopters? Army training exercise takes over on houston's south side | abc13.com

Oh goodie, we're googling military training exercises now. How fun.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
THEY (the leaners) will be in shortly. I can hear all their gripes already.
You called that one.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nobody has ever heard of this before. That is what military bases are for. Now they feel they need to go in unannounced and play rambo. Why? I guess when martial law is put in place people will be used to seeing gunships buzzing overhead and gunshots going off and guys in uniform running around. Just another day in the old USSA.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
So our military shouldn't hold training exercises?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So our military shouldn't hold training exercises?
Sure they can, where they are supposed to.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Nobody has ever heard of this before. That is what military bases are for. Now they feel they need to go in unannounced and play rambo. Why? I guess when martial law is put in place people will be used to seeing gunships buzzing overhead and gunshots going off and guys in uniform running around. Just another day in the old USSA.
I believe you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies