Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times

Advertisements

I'm starting this thread because I think that we should discuss the integrity of organizations supposedly in place to make us safer. Let me start off by saying that when it comes to the gun debate, I support Americans being armed, however, I do support gun laws for aggressive violent criminals and those with uncontrollable mental health issues.

I believe we need to revisit some of the reasons we have such high rates of violence in our neighborhoods.

NRA was pro-gun control when it came to Black Panthers | theGrio

Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,214,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm starting this thread because I think that we should discuss the integrity of organizations supposedly in place to make us safer. Let me start off by saying that when it comes to the gun debate, I support Americans being armed, however, I do support gun laws for aggressive violent criminals and those with uncontrollable mental health issues.

I believe we need to revisit some of the reasons we have such high rates of violence in our neighborhoods.

Same NRA that worships Reagan but condemns Obama??

The more I hear about the NRA, the more it seems like it's full of hypocrites.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM

46,318 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:

So, you want guns in the hands of known criminals? And your thread title needs to be changed, and is a complete lie....

Black Panther Leader Jailed on Weapons Charges | New Trommetter Times

Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you want guns in the hands of known criminals? And your thread title needs to be changed, and is a complete lie....

Black Panther Leader Jailed on Weapons Charges | New Trommetter Times

Not all Black Panthers were criminals. At the time, many of the police officers were criminals. In Cincinnati, a Panther leader was murdered in cold blood by the police.

Read my OP (original post). I specifically specified the issue you addressed.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Really?

Did you do know that KKK was the Spawn of the Democrat Party.

Lincoln a Republican freed the slaves.

You can play this stupid game all day

Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Really?

Did you do know that KKK was the Spawn of the Democrat Party.

Lincoln a Republican freed the slaves.

You can play this stupid game all day
With stupid arguments like you just did. I don't think NRA was an admirer of Lincoln or his party at its foundation, shortly after the Civil War. And yet, today it is technically an arm of republicanism.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM

The Black Panthers were pivotal in protecting communities that were becoming victims of police abuse and corruption. There were several white members and allies in most groups. The original Panthers also protected those outside of their own race.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,787 times
The NRA is as big a scam as banking and our "2" party system.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,212,133 times
Quote:

Nothing like bringing up something from 40 years ago......

Causes of violence in some neighborhoods?

~ no morality

~ no family values

~ no respect for society

~ no self-respect

~ extreme racial prejudice

Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
u keep watching NRA archie bunker---he is not your threat. u continue to focus on him and ignore the real threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies