Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times

Advertisements

Come on people, even liberals must be shaking their heads in disbelief at this one. Or are they?

A federal judge ordered Massachusetts prison officials today to provide sexual reassignment surgery for a convicted murderer, calling it the only way to correct the "prolonged violation" of the inmate's Constitutional right against cruel and unusual punishment.

Michelle Kosilek, who was born Robert, had filed a lawsuit against the Massachusetts Department of Corrections, seeking an injunction that would require prison officials to grant her the sexual reassignment surgery that was recommended by prison doctors as treatment for her gender identity disorder. Robert Kosilek was convicted in the 1990 strangulation death of his wife, Cheryl.

Judge Approves Sex Change For Convicted Murderer - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,978 times
And we're pissed that people who are out of prison are getting a few freebies, seems like all the freebies are in prison.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
I think it's pretty bizarre, yes.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
And we're pissed that people who are out of prison are getting a few freebies, seems like all the freebies are in prison.
This "freebie" is reportedly going to cost taxpayers $1 million.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This "freebie" is reportedly going to cost taxpayers $1 million.

And people are just looking to people on foodstamps, guess how many people are in prison? meaning you have to pay to house them, educate them, dental services, medical services, recreational time, food, surgeries, etc. I guess in order not to have medical bills I should just go to prison or jail at least so I can get some work done, make sure I get all my shots, and whatnot.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
The judge was appointed by Reagan back in the 80's. Since the sex change ruling, he has stepped down.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
And people are just looking to people on foodstamps, guess how many people are in prison? meaning you have to pay to house them, educate them, dental services, medical services, recreational time, food, surgeries, etc. I guess in order not to have medical bills I should just go to prison or jail at least so I can get some work done, make sure I get all my shots, and whatnot.
Guess if you want a free sex change operation, then go commit a crime in Massachusetts.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Back in my 20's a group of neighbors and I would meet for pizza and wine every week. Our collective retirement plan for the baby boom was ......prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies