Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,149,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Were you asleep from 2002-2007? Those were years of unprecedented job growth and economic prosperity, all because of lowering taxes on the engines of commerce - the people whom the loony left denigrates and punishes for being successful and wealthy.

Notice how one the Democrat Party took over Congress - we slumped into a recession?

It never fails - elect Democrats and the economy goes into a tailspin.

Elect Republicans - and the economy soars.
Hahahahahahaha. Please present your facts for unprecedented job growth and economic prosperity between 2002-2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM

57,399 posts, read 26,452,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I thought libs hated the bush tax rates and loves the clinton ones... Then why did they just save most of the bush cuts?
Because of 2008 and 2 wars, remember what happened?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM

57,399 posts, read 26,452,649 times
Quote:
Were you asleep from 2002-2007? Those were years of unprecedented job growth and economic prosperity, all because of lowering taxes on the engines of commerce - the people whom the loony left denigrates and punishes for being successful and wealthy.

Notice how one the Democrat Party took over Congress - we slumped into a recession?

Now why did you leave out 2008?? The economy was doing great if you loved housing, new starts, increase in prices, mortgage bankers were doing great and then ...........

Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,678,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Judging by the level of hatred towards the "Bush Tax Cuts" and Liberals' universal message that lowering taxes during wartime is pure idiocy.....

......I want to know how many of these educated and fiscally astute liberals returned their Bush Tax Refund Check to the Treasury???

Surely all of you supremely intellectual naysayers did that, right?

Tax Cuts Approved by Congress
What is that republicans saying, nature of dependency ? culture of dependency ?

try not to contradict your own doctrine.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM

2,176 posts, read 3,416,740 times
Quote:

Your logic stinks.

The cracks in the economy began forming in early 2006 when housing prices peaked and began to drop. Republican policies led to unsustainable, unchecked growth that eventually derailed the economy.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,149,843 times
Quote:
Strawman rebuttal. Not even in the same financial category. Try again.
No you try again. You are trying to make a case for principle but you ignore it when it doesn't suit you. It's quite obvious you got nothing so run along and let the big kids play.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,678,956 times
Quote:

smdh.

When Bush took office, the unemployment rate was 4.2 , by the time he put the tax cuts in place, it was up to 5.8, by December 2007, it had fluctuated back to exactly 5%

Economic Prosperity means nothing to the people who are unemployed and considering the amount of people who entered the work force and were also made to leave it, that number is far higher than 5%

We also did not slump into a recession because of the Democrats, we slumped into a recession because of Republican housing laws, because of the size of the gigantic bubble created from inflated housing prices.

and LOL @ those last 2 lines. Clinton created +23 million jobs, Bush created -7 million, Barack Obama at the moment is +1 million. keep up lies though.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,005,186 times
Quote:
Judging by the level of hatred towards the "Bush Tax Cuts" and Liberals' universal message that lowering taxes during wartime is pure idiocy.....

......I want to know how many of these educated and fiscally astute liberals returned their Bush Tax Refund Check to the Treasury???

Surely all of you supremely intellectual naysayers did that, right?

Tax Cuts Approved by Congress
One: your premise of "hatred towards the Bush tax cuts" is unsubstantiated.

Two: your assertion of a "Liberals' universal message" is unsubstantiated.

And to certain moderators who think that challenging the basic premises of an argument is off-topic, my manners prohibit me from saying what I think of them.

And furthermore, your argument here, and in other threads, is to try to force them to take an ideological position.

As I stated yesterday, there are numerous seniors who disagree with how the government manages Social Security. No one expects them to refuse their social security checks because they have complaints. So why would any rational person expect someone to return a tax refund because they disagree with how the government is managing taxes? Rational people wouldn't.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No you try again. You are trying to make a case for principle but you ignore it when it doesn't suit you. It's quite obvious you got nothing so run along and let the big kids play.
LOL

Here you are defending a Social Security check as the same fiscal instrument as a tax refund check. I believe it is you who should probably exit the forum and find something more in line with your intellectual capabilities.

Embarrassing!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
One: your premise of "hatred towards the Bush tax cuts" is unsubstantiated.

Two: your assertion of a "Liberals' universal message" is unsubstantiated.

And to certain moderators who think that challenging the basic premises of an argument is off-topic, my manners prohibit me from saying what I think of them.

And furthermore, your argument here, and in other threads, is to try to force them to take an ideological position.

As I stated yesterday, there are numerous seniors who disagree with how the government manages Social Security. No one expects them to refuse their social security checks because they have complaints. So why would any rational person expect someone to return a tax refund because they disagree with how the government is managing taxes? Rational people wouldn't.
Oh, ok, now I get it. Money takes precedence over principle in liberal circles! "Hey...I want you guys to be less wreckless and more responsible with my tax dollars since we have two wars to pay for. But I certainly don't mind cashing this tax refund check! I hate your policies, but I sure do love your money!!!!"

LOL if liberals had one single principle they sure have never demonstrated it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies