Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,605,099 times

Advertisements

I think Kathy is funny in the right venue. I don't think CNN is probably the right venue for her - she has absolutely NO filter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,276,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Kids often stay up to watch the countdown.
Now that sounds tremendously un-wonderful.

"OK kids. No board games for us tonight. No Wii dance party. No banging pots and pans at midnight. Nope! We're going to watch CNN to ring in the New Year! Yep just us sitting on the couch staring at the TV and watching other people have fun! Doesn't that sound exciting? Now go grab your Cheetos because I'm thinking we go all-out and watch Honey Boo Boo reruns before we switch over to CNN.

We're going to make this a New Year's Eve you'll never forget! Who wants to hold the remote?"

Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times
Put her on Comedy Central where that type of talk is more appropriate.
CNN is not the venue for that. Or maybe that's what CNN is turning into now.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,635,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

"OK kids. No board games for us tonight. No Wii dance party. No banging pots and pans at midnight. Nope! We're going to watch CNN to ring in the New Year! Yep just us sitting on the couch staring at the TV and watching other people have fun! Doesn't that sound exciting? Now go grab your Cheetos because I'm thinking we go all-out and watch Honey Boo Boo reruns before we switch over to CNN.

We're going to make this a New Year's Eve you'll never forget! Who wants to hold the remote?"
Right, because there is never a TV on during any of that stuff and kids don't watch the ball drop in time square.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,155,603 times
If you've watched Jersey Shore more than once, you'd know that Snooki can be summed-up completely by two of her body parts, her vagina and her liver.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,599,003 times
I happen to think Kathy Griffin is hilarious, but it's not as if anyone who is familiar with her style of comedy would find such a comment surprising.

I think there may have been a TV on at the party we attended, but then my children won't get too verklempt if they hear the word vagina.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 AM

18,438 posts, read 19,090,546 times
if ya don't like her why watch? turn the channel

Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 AM

39,126 posts, read 51,407,276 times
I had never heard of her before I watched last night. We were tuned in because the local affiliates tape delay the festivities for our time zone and we wanted to see it live. She seemed on odd paring with AC and I agree she was vulgar at times. On the other hand, I got a few chuckles out of her as well. AC alone would have put most to sleep long before the ball dropped.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,246,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Okay so seconds before the countdown, while families across America are watching, I could have swore I heard Kathy Griffin up there with Anderson Cooper start talking about Snookis vagina, followed by Anderson Cooper "shushing" her.

Did anyone else find that disgusting at such a time? I'm a huge fan of crude humor but there's seriously a time and place for everything.

EDIT: I was looking for it and found this happened moments before:

ANDERSON COOPER SWEARS ON LIVE TV -- Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper New Years Eve 2012-2013 - YouTube

Kathy Griffin Strips Live On CNN New Years Celebration & Flirts With Cooper & Gergen... - YouTube

Nevermind. I guess this is normal behavior for CNN.
Seems like typical News from them

Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 AM

39,126 posts, read 51,407,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I've partied enough years, and woken up with a killer headache and list of people I need to apologize to that I no longer need or want to go out for NYE fun. It's great to get up feeling refreshed on the first day of the New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies