Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,809,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have had some spirited debates with fellow libertarians too.
Debates are rare in this place. As a fellow libertarian I long for meaningful debate, and all I get is that I'm a Republican wacko by the left, or "a sitting on the fence nut job" by the right.

It seems that basic common sense has been lost to a vast group of meat sacks. They claim to be open minded, yet are only open to opinions of their own. People have drawn fictitious lines in the sandbox, and treat each other like enemies, which is absurd to the umpteenth power. People don't even flinch at their own hypocrisy, contradictions, and sometimes ridiculous positions. Even when it's obvious; which tells us they care more about their ideological muses than accomplishing anything through debate.

I've ventured into that mindset a few times, but only when I can't digest some of the ridiculous thoughts these people pound out on their keyboards, for the entire world to see.

Anyway,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to EVERYONE!

P.S. Happy Apocalypse Eve as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,184,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Hey shes pretty attractive.
That statement makes you a Republican....

Old 12-20-2012, 03:20 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,759,732 times
So is Sarah Palin but I don't want her representing me in any way.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,540,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
So is Sarah Palin but I don't want her representing me in any way.
I live in Ramsey county, she represents Anoka county...

Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Debates are rare in this place. As a fellow libertarian I long for meaningful debate, and all I get is that I'm a Republican wacko by the left, or "a sitting on the fence nut job" by the right.

It seems that basic common sense has been lost to a vast group of meat sacks. They claim to be open minded, yet are only open to opinions of their own. People have drawn fictitious lines in the sandbox, and treat each other like enemies, which is absurd to the umpteenth power. People don't even flinch at their own hypocrisy, contradictions, and sometimes ridiculous positions. Even when it's obvious; which tells us they care more about their ideological muses than accomplishing anything through debate.

I've ventured into that mindset a few times, but only when I can't digest some of the ridiculous thoughts these people pound out on their keyboards, for the entire world to see.

Anyway,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to EVERYONE!

P.S. Happy Apocalypse Eve as well
I am considering putting all the flamers on ignore. That would cover about 75% of the posters here. Of course, i have let the nature of this site influence my posts too. This ain't a site for serious debate. My favorite site, a libertarian leaning site where rational debate ruled, sadly disappeared one day. I miss everyman, capitalist dog, autumngirl and many other intelligent posters at that site.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Merry Christmas, May God Be with you OP.

Father, Son, Holy Ghost, Amen.

Whatever,

hope you have a good Christmas.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:28 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,481,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am considering putting all the flamers on ignore.
You HOMOPHOBE!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,126,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
(okay not all but alot of you are annoying)

You should all just be Libertarian,

your constant bickering is annoying.... liberals and conservatives are prejudice, can never be happy, why cant you people just be happy and not let things get to your head. Its funny to watch you all fight like middle school students but at the same time its kind of sad.

Happy holidays everyone
Nothing says rational discussion like a philosophy that would justify paying a man in fish heads.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nothing says rational discussion like a philosophy that would justify paying a man in fish heads.
How bout them Bears?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:26 PM

I think we need another we are one concert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YriLhXaqebA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies