Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 AM

13,698 posts, read 9,030,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Yes, I should be drawn and quartered for expecting people to actually know what they are talking about, especially when it has the potential to impact literally tens of millions of American citizens.

Please forgive me for expecting people to act like mature and intelligent adults instead of overemotional retards who want to ban something they know nothing about

No need to ask for forgiveness. I must now get to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 AM

408 posts, read 608,304 times
Quote:
For those over emotional people who never let facts get in the way of their media driven bs: Do you even know what an "assault rifle" is?

Hint: Looking scary doesn't make something an assault weapon.

Having certain cosmetic additions doesnt make something an assault weapon.

An AR15, like was used in Newtown is NOT an assault rifle, no matter how many retards in the media, or uninformed ahole politicians claim it is.

Designating it an evil "assault rifle" is simply playing to emotions of the sheep.

There's no use for automatic weapons apart from the fact they make for awesome toys to shoot around. I'm a guy, I get it. I want one. I want to shoot one. Being said, the responsible voice in my head is willing to part ways with a toy that has such great potential for danger.

You're not comfortable with the loose application of the term assault rifle? You think it's some kind of psychological warfare driven by whoever named the damn weapon an assault rifle? (no indication it was liberals that came up with the term, mind you).

Fine, we'll go nice and easy, so as to not hurt your feelings....

THIS type of gun - featured in the video above - should be banned. Whether or not it scares you is of little regard to others. Upon viewing the video, I feel no shame in saying this weapon is frightening... the fact Adam Lanza used it to shoot-up two dozen women & children makes it all the more so. On the flip side, a pathological infatuation for guns is nothing to be proud of.

On a side-note, I find it hilarious that the supposedly masculine, strong and courageous NRA members out there need to hide behind such powerful artillery for their supposed hunting or 'sporting' needs. For god's sake, we used to kill these animals with spears. Americans like heavy-duty weapons cause they've become too fat, lethargic & unrefined to appreciate anything that requires restraint, skill or effort. Pathetic.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 AM

1,137 posts, read 973,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
The term assault came form the Stg 44 its went on to mean a weapon not a full Battle cartridge and not a sub machine gun and select fire. bla bla bal. Gay does not mean a person who is happy the sun is out today either. Things change and like it or not you idiots keep beating a dead horse and guess what? Only other gun nuts give a crap about your definition. You are preaching to the crickets. Assault weapon now has come to mean semi auto with detachable mag. If the people start to accept that it means a wrist rocket than its changed again. Keep up and live in the now. Your stamping your feet on what Assault weapon means will do absolutely nothing in the debate.

Are you that stupid to think that someone will say, Ohhh, excuse me I thought that assault weapon was a semi auto, bla bla bal well then lets scrap the idea of doing more gun laws? Jesus freaking Christ, get real.

Lol so in whatever fantasty land you choose to live in, any semi auto firearm is now an "assault weapon"?

Assault weapon is just another buzzword, the same as describing more violations of the Constitution as "reasonable" or "common sense". It is designed to placate the morons, and to appeal to emotion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Grow up child.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post

THIS type of gun - featured in the video above - should be banned. Whether or not it scares you is of little regard to others. Upon viewing the video, I feel no shame in saying this weapon is frightening... the fact Adam Lanza used it to shoot-up two dozen women & children makes it all the more so. On the flip side, a pathological infatuation for guns is nothing to be proud of.

On a side-note, I find it hilarious that the supposedly masculine, strong and courageous NRA members out there need to hide behind such powerful artillery for their supposed hunting or 'sporting' needs. For god's sake, we used to kill these animals with spears. Americans like heavy-duty weapons cause they've become too fat, lethargic & unrefined to appreciate anything that requires restraint, skill or effort. Pathetic.

So you have an irrational fear of an inanimate object?

Why should that gun be banned?

There are literally millions of them out there right now, hell I own 4.

Do you propose door to door confiscations as well?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,149,196 times
Quote:
Lol so in whatever fantasty land you choose to live in, any semi auto firearm is now an "assault weapon"?

Assault weapon is just another buzzword, the same as describing more violations of the Constitution as "reasonable" or "common sense". It is designed to placate the morons, and to appeal to emotion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Grow up child.
You can call them Banana patch and if the majority of people use it as such the words meaning has changed. I don't think you understand language. To educate you a bit on how it works here is a list of how words change.

Artificial
This originally meant ‘full of artistic or technical skill’. Now its meaning has a very different slant

Nice
This comes from the Latin ‘not to know’. Originally a ‘nice person’ was someone who was ignorant or unaware

Awful
This meant ‘full of awe’ i.e. something wonderful, delightful, amazing. However, over time it has evolved to mean exactly the opposite.

Brave
This once was used to signify cowardice. Indeed, its old meaning lives on in the word ‘bravado’.[/

Manufacture
From the Latin meaning ‘to make by hand’ this originally signified things that were created by craftsmen. Now the opposite, made by machines, is its meaning.

Counterfeit
This once meant a perfect copy. Now it means anything but.
Prove
Originally this meant to test. The old meaning survives in the phrase ‘proving ground’
Tell
Original meaning was to count as in Bank Teller.

So words change, you not wanting them to change is not going to stop them from changing. And Assault rifle is one that has changed. live in the now.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
Quote:
Same gun, different paint job, that was used in CT, NOT an assault rifle.
It's pretty damn sad that the gun manufacturers are making pink guns clearly designed to appeal to children. Guns are not toys and should never look like one. We outlawed the manufacture of candle cigarettes and now I believe we should add these fully functioning guns marketed to children to the ban list.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's pretty damn sad that the gun manufacturers are making pink guns clearly designed to appeal to children. Guns are not toys and should never look like one. We outlawed the manufacture of candle cigarettes and now I believe we should add these fully functioning guns marketed to children to the ban list.

Lol are you insane?

That gun is marketed towards WOMEN, not children.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Yes, I should be drawn and quartered for expecting people to actually know what they are talking about, especially when it has the potential to impact literally tens of millions of American citizens.

Please forgive me for expecting people to act like mature and intelligent adults instead of overemotional retards who want to ban something they know nothing about
I know you are but what am I!!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,468,134 times
Quote:
For those over emotional people who never let facts get in the way of their media driven bs: Do you even know what an "assault rifle" is?

Hint: Looking scary doesn't make something an assault weapon.

Having certain cosmetic additions doesnt make something an assault weapon.

An AR15, like was used in Newtown is NOT an assault rifle, no matter how many retards in the media, or uninformed ahole politicians claim it is.

Designating it an evil "assault rifle" is simply playing to emotions of the sheep.
We don't care about semantics and eggheaded technical arguments.

We care about not enabling semi-automatic weapons with large-capacity magazines to get into the hands of angry and crazy people who would go into places like schools and fire over a hundred lethal rounds in just a few very short minutes. We care about not enabling the next massacre of innocent people.

If you have decency, you should care about that as well.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,149,196 times
Assault weapon definition

Assault weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not limited to one catigory of firearm. Get used to it and suck it up idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies