Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times

Advertisements

So, as I have said before, what about Kennesaw GA....

Where it is MANDATORY to own a gun....and low and behold...the crime rate in that town is 85% less than the rest of the state.....

When was the last murder there?

Come on...at least attempt the question....But facts are facts....and this 20+ year fact just kills (pun intended) that your "less guns equals less violence" crap....

So, which anti gun nut is first.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,444,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Where it is MANDATORY to own a gun....and low and behold...the crime rate in that town is 85% less than the rest of the state.....

Come on...at least attempt the question....But facts are facts....and this 20+ year fact just kills (pun intended) that your "less guns equals less violence" crap....

It's mandated there? Do you have a link so I can read it?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,233,811 times
Given that the population of Kennesaw is under 30,000 how much gun violence would you expect op?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM

908 posts, read 1,915,005 times
Your trying to apply facts to those thinking only from feelings. Guns do save lives and have. My problem is ONE tard kills and now they think we all need a mental evaluation, They think "What if the world had no guns" as the ultimate answer. For the record, my guns hurt no one today, or any other day.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
It's mandated there? Do you have a link so I can read it?
Gun Ownership - It's The Law In Kennesaw

25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

Southern U.S. town proud of its mandatory gun law | Reuters

Kennesaw, where everyone is armed by law - FT.com

Old 12-16-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Given that the population of Kennesaw is under 30,000 how much gun violence would you expect op?
It's a suburb of Atlanta....

So, now are you changing the goal post? This is a yes or no question....

Old 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,955 times
Quote:

Given that it is one small town with a small population, it's difficult to conclude that the mandatory ownership of guns accounts for its low crime rate. What's in the comparison pool - Atlanta? That's going to have a much higher rate. You're looking at one or two small data points here.

Look at the big picture instead: if you average out all towns across all locations, the United States leads the entire developed first world in terms of gun ownership and homicides - by far. Not even close. Same trend across all the continents. We are better than most of the third-world countries, but that's a pathetic comparison for the richest, supposedly most advanced nation on the planet.

That's the big picture consistently painted by millions of data points.

This one is based on gun homicides, but even if you look at ALL homicides, you'll still see this trend.

We are alone in the first world as far as our level of violence.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Your trying to apply facts to those thinking only from feelings. Guns do save lives and have. My problem is ONE tard kills and now they think we all need a mental evaluation, They think "What if the world had no guns" as the ultimate answer. For the record, my guns hurt no one today, or any other day.
Mark, I know most will not be able to understand this.....but I SURVIVED.....a GUN SHOW today....They had guns....and ammo that went to those guns....and not a single person hurt or killed.......or even scared....

Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,233,811 times
Quote:
It's a suburb of Atlanta....

So, now are you changing the goal post? This is a yes or no question....
After you answer mine.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Given that it is one small town with a small population, it's difficult to conclude that the mandatory ownership of guns accounts for its low crime rate. What's in the comparison pool - Atlanta? That's going to have a much higher rate. You're looking at one or two small data points here.

Look at the big picture instead: if you average out all towns across all locations, the United States leads the entire developed first world in terms of gun ownership and homicides - by far. Not even close. Same trend across all the continents. We are better than most of the third-world countries, but that's a pathetic comparison for the richest, supposedly most advanced nation on the planet.

That's the big picture consistently painted by millions of data points.

This one is based on gun homicides, but even if you look at ALL homicides, you'll still see this trend.

We are alone in the first world as far as our level of violence.

Read the article's it a suburb of Atlanta....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies