Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 01:38 PM

18,542 posts, read 19,234,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Look, it's simple. I'm in favor of teaching kids the facts of life at an appropriate age (like 16 and up). Otherwise they should be taught that sexual intimacy is intended for marriage alone, that sex before marriage is morally wrong, that early marriage is to be desired, and that promiscuity leads not only to fatherless children but to dozens of ugly and dangerous diseases. Really play up those diseases, too, like they do with lung cancer and cigarette smoking - photographs and everything for shock value. Kids should have zero access to contraception and its use among minors should be punished, not rewarded. A return to sex-segregated schools wouldn't hurt either.
what backward, third world thinking sex before marriage is not morally wrong and it is not intended for marriage alone. education and access to birth control is what makes for a healthy and happy sex life.
your third world ideas are long gone and will never return.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,189,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you were the one implying a fetus has rights not me. why should a woman with an unwanted pregnancy take it to term so she can then give it up to someone who wants it. women are not "breeders' for people who can't have children on their own. selfish or self absorbed as you may think it is, we have the right not to carry to term if we don't want to
Abortionists like yourself are more comfortable with the term "fetus" which is why I used it, for your benefit. As I said before, if a woman doesn't want to become pregnant, she should stick to BJ's. If that's not enough for her (it is for most men) then she should be prepared to carry the BABY to term. Women ARE the breeders of the human race, whether you care to recognize that God given anatomical feature, or not. In fact, I say, great, have your abortions but get sterilized at the same time so that the human race won't needlessly suffer the replication of such cold and heartless DNA.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Abortionists like yourself are more comfortable with the term "fetus" which is why I used it, for your benefit. As I said before, if a woman doesn't want to become pregnant, she should stick to BJ's."""

From your other post, "I was obviously a LOVE child. "

"Mom" didn't believe the same as you do.....LOL!

"" If that's not enough for her (it is for most men) then she should be prepared to carry the BABY to term."""

Why? Because YOU say so? LOLOLOL!!!

"""Women ARE the breeders"""

How anti-choicers view women....

""of the human race, """"

And HOW do they do that without male BREEDERS?????

"""whether you care to recognize that God given"""

That's ONLY your opinion. Don't know who gave women the responsibility for actually carrying the baby but it doesn't matter. If your "god" was so determined to make women nothing but "breeders" why did he give them brains???

""anatomical feature, or not. In fact, I say, great, have your abortions but get sterilized at the same time so that the human race won't needlessly suffer the replication of such cold and heartless DNA.
Last line is silly hyperbole....

And still you can't answer questions.....

Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 PM

89,890 posts, read 45,592,656 times
Quote:
They don't? And what makes you so sure about that? A GOOD wife is not going to go around broadcasting that the man she loves, the father of her children, has a dick the size of a skeeter's peter and that she has been faking orgasms for years, now IS she? Vibrators have come a long way over the years.
Again, have you seen the divorce rate? Not a lot of women sticking it out with inconsiderate husbands.
Quote:
Because they're self-centered, thoughtless scum who never bothered to romance their women enough for the ladies to WANT to make love to them?
Well, gosh, how can the ladies make love to their men if they're trying to avoid an unwanted and unaffordable pregnancy? NO method of birth control is 100% effective other than abstinence. They're supposed to keep their legs closed, remember?

Old 11-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Abortionists like yourself are more comfortable with the term "fetus" which is why I used it, for your benefit. As I said before, if a woman doesn't want to become pregnant, she should stick to BJ's. If that's not enough for her (it is for most men) then she should be prepared to carry the BABY to term. Women ARE the breeders of the human race, whether you care to recognize that God given anatomical feature, or not. In fact, I say, great, have your abortions but get sterilized at the same time so that the human race won't needlessly suffer the replication of such cold and heartless DNA.

name calling me doesn't make an impact at all. I am not an "abortionist" I am pro choice. as I said that includes 3 choices not just abortion or do you rather keep your blinders on? how crude your posts are, suggesting women should engage in a "partial" sex life. FYI, no most men would not just be satisfied with half a sex life either.

women in america and other parts of the world now have a choice to breed for themselves. we do not have to be breeders for anyone else unless we want to. sorry, the world of contraception and women's health has come a long way. we have choice.

many women may have an abortion but later in life want children there is no need for sterilization unless the woman is sure she never wants children.

I won't even ask if you have any compassion for a young woman raped and wanting an abortion, your posts speak volumes

Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,290,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Total baloney.

Legal, documented, reported abortions skyrocketed from 744,600 in 1973 to 1,608,620 in 1990.
Well, given your other, um, "opinions," I'm not surprised that you refuse to acknowledge the millions of women who died or were scarred for life by getting illegal abortions before 1973 that are not reported in that cute little statistic of yours. I mean, they couldn't keep their legs together, so they just don't count, do they?

Old 11-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Well, given your other, um, "opinions," I'm not surprised that you refuse to acknowledge the millions of women who died or were scarred for life by getting illegal abortions before 1973 that are not reported in that cute little statistic of yours. I mean, they couldn't keep their legs together, so they just don't count, do they?
no they don't count. most anti choicers say the lives of women who die when abortion is illegal from back alley or self inflicted abortions are justified casualties because they are saving a "baby" compassionate eh?

Old 11-23-2012, 03:59 PM

11,184 posts, read 6,563,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, ya finally figured it out that they are two seperate things.

Now, answer the question:

How is abortion in the case of rape or incest different from abortion in the case of enjoyable sex?
An answer probably is too subtle and complex for you.

We [society and government] decide that some behavior, like killing someone, using drugs, smoking, free speech, is ok, less ok, or not ok, depending on the circumstances. I don't particularly care if a woman has 1, 5, 10 abortions, but it's perfectly reasonable if a pro-lifer regretfully tolerates abortion in cases of forced, criminal acts and abhors it when the pregnancy is caused by the irresponsibility of the sexmates.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
An answer probably is too subtle and complex for you.

We [society and government] decide that some behavior, like killing someone, using drugs, smoking, free speech, is ok, less ok, or not ok, depending on the circumstances. I don't particularly care if a woman has 1, 5, 10 abortions, but it's perfectly reasonable if a pro-lifer regretfully tolerates abortion in cases of forced, criminal acts and abhors it when the pregnancy is caused by the irresponsibility of the sexmates.
Oh how lovely that Anti-choicers will "tolerate" what others do legally ....

LOLOL! Your "reasoning" is that for rape and incest victims Anti-Choicers are regretful (so abortion is OK) but THEY, the Anti-Choicers, abhor that the woman enjoyed the sex so are against the SAME EXACT thing in those circumstances...

NORMAL people would switch those two bolded words around!!!

Right now abortion, whatever the reason is , is legal....as it should be .......[society/government] decided this.

I note that some cannot admit that they just want to punish women who enjoyed the sex.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:35 PM

11,184 posts, read 6,563,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh how lovely that Anti-choicers will "tolerate" what others do legally ....

LOLOL! Your "reasoning" is that for rape and incest victims Anti-Choicers are regretful (so abortion is OK) but THEY, the Anti-Choicers, abhor that the woman enjoyed the sex so are against the SAME EXACT thing in those circumstances...

NORMAL people would switch those two bolded words around!!!

Right now abortion, whatever the reason is , is legal....as it should be .......[society/government] decided this.

I note that some cannot admit that they just want to punish women who enjoyed the sex.
As I predicted, the answer is too subtle and complex for you.

It's ok and legal to kill in self defense. The killer and others can still regret that the act took place.

Yep, nine old men who didn't mind women enjoying sex set the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies