Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times

Advertisements

you have to admit that susan rice was either used as a dupe, or didn't do her homework.

it was stupid for her to even come out with a statement on the benghazi disaster, anyhow.

who pushed her out there to even give a statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,154,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Sorry John McCain didn't make Susan Rice a messenger...Obama did.

John McCain gets a free pass...he had his ass kicked every day being a POW...he can't lift his arms-can you?

Is he bitter? Probably...but he wants to know the truth about Libya..and why 4 people were murdered....and no one helpedthem don't you want to know the truth?

What does Journalism have to do with it? He isn't a journalist....
McCain is lying and posturing in an attempt to secure a Senate seat for now unseated Scott Brown. He would like Obama to bypass appointing Rice and appoint John Kerry instead, thereby freeing up his seat.

McCain has used up his free passes. His pathetic pick for VP when he ran proves how little he was thinking of the nation he was supposed to be a hero for. Palin as POTUS in the event of McCain's death? Really?

He is besmirching the reputation of a public servant that did nothing wrong.

McCain has turned out to be a grumpy, cantankerous and bitter old man.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:20 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,503,603 times
There was a briefing, yesterday, about the 9/11 Lybia incident. It was behind closed doors and before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. It's been reported that a classified briefing was provided. McCain didn't show up. His staff, when asked about it today, said he had a "scheduling conflict." The "conflict"? He was on the floor of the Senate, denouncing the President for not being forthcoming regarding information about the incident.

And when confronted about missing the meeting, McCain grew angry/nasty:
Quote:
When CNN approached McCain in a Capitol hallway Thursday morning, the senator refused to comment about why he missed the briefing, which was conducted by top diplomatic, military and counter-terrorism officials. Instead, McCain got testy when pressed to say why he wasn’t there. “I have no comment about my schedule and I’m not going to comment on how I spend my time to the media,” McCain said.
Asked why he wouldn’t comment, McCain grew agitated: “Because I have the right as a senator to have no comment and who the hell are you to tell me I can or not?”
When CNN noted that McCain had missed a key meeting on a subject the senator has been intensely upset about, McCain said, “I’m upset that you keep badgering me.”
More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2138973.html

Last edited by gomexico; 11-15-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,233,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
But this man is and always has been a reprobate, bully and now he is showing signs of senility and just plain mean-spiritedness.
This sounds like plain mean-spiritedness to me.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
If this is about McCain being against Rice, let us all have a moment of silence as we remember how Baracky 0bama squealed and squawked like a baby over Bolton's appointment to the UN.

McCain has every right to be for or against anybody he wishes. If he doesn't want her elevated to SoS, it's his right.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,374,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
There was a briefing, yesterday, about the 9/11 Lybia incident. It was behind closed doors and before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. It's been reported that a classified briefing was provided. McCain didn't show up. His staff, when asked about it today, said he had a "scheduling conflict." The "conflict"? He was on the floor of the Senate, denouncing the President for not being forthcoming regarding information about the incident.
It's a damned shame there weren't some intelligence briefings BEFORE the Benghazi incident.

Oh, maybe there was a scheduling conflict for o or something.

My bad.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
It's a damned shame there weren't some intelligence briefings BEFORE the Benghazi incident.

Oh, maybe there was a scheduling conflict for o or something.

My bad.
I've still seen no evidence 0 was even there. He missed that 3:00 a.m. phone call. Nobody has said where he was or if they were able to reach him.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,183,689 times
McCain is one of the people leading the charge to take TRICARE away from retired military people.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM

8,896 posts, read 5,384,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
McCain is lying and posturing in an attempt to secure a Senate seat for now unseated Scott Brown. He would like Obama to bypass appointing Rice and appoint John Kerry instead, thereby freeing up his seat.
How exactly will this get Scott Brown a Senate seat?

Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If this is about McCain being against Rice, let us all have a moment of silence as we remember how Baracky 0bama squealed and squawked like a baby over Bolton's appointment to the UN.

McCain has every right to be for or against anybody he wishes. If he doesn't want her elevated to SoS, it's his right.
it is about obama saying "don't pick on little snowflake susan, it's not her fault" at his press conference, and mccain (rightly) saying "oh, don't worry, we aren't picking on her because we know it is your fault".

i am paraphrasing here a little.

as i have pointed out previously, (many times) i am no mccain fan, but when you are right-you are right.

(that should be the conservative slogan!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies