Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:27 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,814,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wright is not running for the Presidency. What is your point? Running out of nonsense so you are reduced to dredging up 2008 bottom of the barrel stuff?

I heard someone say that these spokespeople for Romney that are slinging mud are appealing to the Archie Bunkers of their base. It's true. Romney does not even come out to denounce some the idiotic and appalling things that nuts like Sununu have been saying, which further proves that Romney is a loser in the character department which inevitably will make him a loser in this election.
Wow not you also. Yup you can join the Canuck hoser as well. Thought you were smarter than that. Oh well.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,885,018 times
Another elementary school fact for our Canadian friends: we frequently have contrary congresses. Presidents who have true leadership skills find ways around or through it. Obama is by no means a true leader.
Sheesh, even Clinton was able to work with Newt. Obama has no excuse.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:32 PM

27,281 posts, read 15,433,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Not mine, but summed up very well, at least in IMO.

amapoet2012/10/26
at 11:11 AM ETI've been watching the US electoral process with a great deal of interest, and am convinced that a Romney/Ryan led government would be a terrible thing for women.

Not sure how many people know what the Mormon church is all about, but the basic tenet is that we can all become like God, and that women are saved through their husband or father. What does this type of attitude bring to the table when it comes to women's rights? If you begin with the belief that women are inferior to men, what can you possibly say that will bring your views into the middle of the road?

Obama was expected to fix the problems of the Bush era, in less than two years. Think about it, the first year he was a little busy trying to save the entire US financial sector, which he did, and this last year he has been campaigning for another four years.

In my view he has done a good job. Could he have done more? I'm sure in a perfect world he could have, but we live in the real world, and he has been fighting a House that refused to even talk to him, since the mid-term elections. If the opposition refuses to talk to you, it difficult to get things done.

Good luck Mr. President. Hope you get another four years, and I also hope you have a congress that will work with you, not against you.

Butt out.

BTW, you're wrong.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,529,958 times
I don't pay any attention to Canadian leftwing trolls. They can't even get bacon right.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,737,573 times
Anyone who would use a person's religion as reason not to vote for him is bigoted and uninformed about our system of government. There IS a separation. Congress writes and passes the laws. There is also something called the Constitution, which the President swears to uphold and protect. That, too, has something to say about the governmen'ts involvement in religion.

If religion matters, then all of our Congress ought to be atheists. They're the ones who write the laws.

What foolishness.

Besides, Canada, what is your stake in the US elections? You really need to get better informed on what goes on here, if you want to be taken seriously. I know most of Canada leans left, but there is another side to balance that, you know that just might help clarify the picture for you.

Ed - the best bacon comes from Canada!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,763,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Obama has not used his apparent (according to you right wing psychos) religion to "get the white man" and make decisions based on black liberation.
If you think that Romney will not use his faith for at least 1/2 of his decisions, then I have an igloo in Florida to sell to you.
so Obama's religious leaders and their beliefs is no problem, but Romney and his religous leaders beliefs are a problem? Nothing like being a little hypocritical.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,185,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Wow not you also. Yup you can join the Canuck hoser as well. Thought you were smarter than that. Oh well.
Don't deflect with condescending nonsense. The truth is that the parts of the base that the Romney campaign is appealing to are birthers, bible thumpers and extremists. Why would a candidate with any integrity want the likes of birther boy Trump and Sununu speaking on their behalf? Even if Romney were not running for office, hearing his constant flip flops/pandering and seeing his vulture like ways of growing personal profits, hiding his money from the country that afforded him the capabiltiy and never calling out idiots that he appointed as surrogates, would make me dislike him intensely anyway. We have all come across people with this type of personality at one time or another in our lives and they are just not likeable. Having such an unpatriotic and sneaky guy run the country would be shameful.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,358,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I don't pay any attention to Canadian leftwing trolls. They can't even get bacon right.
The product sold as Canadian bacon in the USA is NOT real Canadian bacon. Not even close.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,737,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The product sold as Canadian bacon in the USA is NOT real Canadian bacon. Not even close.
We're off topic, but relatives from Canada brought a large slab of Canadian bacon every time they came to visit! I know Canadian bacon.

I also know Canadian liberalism

Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,547,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
so Obama's religious leaders and their beliefs is no problem, but Romney and his religous leaders beliefs are a problem? Nothing like being a little hypocritical.
Read my quote again. You're showing your partisanship, or lack of brains, or both, if you really think Obama believes in Black Liberation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies