Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,838,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So they were going to put something in that no democrat would vote for.

I ask again, what was wrong with what the bill was to begin with.

Look, I don't like democrats, but republicans flock is dumb for not seeing the gops hypocrisy on this one.
What was wrong with the bill is that the GOP loves shipping our jobs to communist China in droves, and will block anything that stops it. It's another perfect example of how the GOP hates america and the american people, could care less about job creation, and only cares about bankrolling their corporate masters.

The GOP sheep don't care though, they will keep lapping up the lies the right wing propaganda machine tells them, and will obediently vote (R) on election day no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,652,019 times
Quote:
And the amendments were? What was wrong with the bill the way it was?
Here's the list..that's all I could find..no text for many.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer..../temp/~bdIu2b

I did find one amendment ...that a company needs to list their employees per country.
I think that's a good amendment. The multinationals stopped doing that in 2008 when some mass layoffs and offshoring occurred.

Congressional Record - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Mr. BROWN of Ohio (for himself, Mr. Harkin, Mr. Sanders, Mr. Whitehouse, Mr. Blumenthal, Mr. Rockefeller, and Mrs. McCaskill) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill S. 3364, to provide an incentive for businesses to bring jobs back to America; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

At the end, add the following:

SEC. __. REQUIRED DISCLOSURE OF NUMBER OF DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN EMPLOYEES.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
What was wrong with the bill is that the GOP loves shipping our jobs to communist China in droves, and will block anything that stops it. It's another perfect example of how the GOP hates america and the american people, could care less about job creation, and only cares about bankrolling their corporate masters.

The GOP sheep don't care though, they will keep lapping up the lies the right wing propaganda machine tells them, and will obediently vote (R) on election day no matter what.
The jobs started leaving our shores in the 1960's. Nice to see you finally woke up.
But to blame the Republicans is like blaming Bush for the 2008 meltdown.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,440,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's the list..that's all I could find..no text for many.

(Amendments_For_S.3364)&./temp/~bdIu2b]Bill Summary & Status Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

I did find one amendment ...that a company needs to list their employees per country.
I think that's a good amendment. The multinationals stopped doing that in 2008 when some mass layoffs and offshoring occurred.

Congressional Record - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Mr. BROWN of Ohio (for himself, Mr. Harkin, Mr. Sanders, Mr. Whitehouse, Mr. Blumenthal, Mr. Rockefeller, and Mrs. McCaskill) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill S. 3364, to provide an incentive for businesses to bring jobs back to America; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

At the end, add the following:

SEC. __. REQUIRED DISCLOSURE OF NUMBER OF DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN EMPLOYEES.
The bill was fine. GOP wanted to make campaign fodder. ****ing shame what our politics are doing. I can honestly say I've never felt better about not supporting either major party. GOP are the idiots today.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 PM

38,243 posts, read 22,292,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
From the OPs link:

Once again Dirty Harry went out of his way to avoid any kind of bipartisianship. He is without a doubt the worst leader the senate has had.
Reid could not even get a federal budget to 0bama's desk to be signed, even when the dems controlled EVERYTHING!!!! That is how freaking useless that old fool is.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Reid could not even get a federal budget to 0bama's desk to be signed, even when the dems controlled EVERYTHING!!!! That is how freaking useless that old fool is.
How about talking about this bill. I think we can agree that both parties are useless from day to day. But what about this bill today?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
The bill was fine. GOP wanted to make campaign fodder. ****ing shame what our politics are doing. I can honestly say I've never felt better about not supporting either major party. GOP are the idiots today.
I read the bill. They wanted companies to hire more employees in the US than they had in their offshore facility. Why ?

They also could not take the credit against their US income. There was a special "mirror" system going to be set up with the Treasury and the Treasury would pay them separately from their taxes and annually at that.

Sounds too hokey.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read the bill. They wanted companies to hire more employees in the US than they had in their offshore facility. Why ?

They also could not take the credit against their US income. There was a special "mirror" system going to be set up with the Treasury and the Treasury would pay them separately from their taxes and annually at that.

Sounds too hokey.
And this is bad how? Sounds like you're grasping at straws. Damned shame. Republicans have good bills that demos don't support, I call them on it. This is bull**** from the republicans.

Go bury your head in the sand if you like.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 PM

23,636 posts, read 17,316,052 times
It would defy anyone's ability to understand what this bill actually means.

Someone dumbs it down to 'bring the jobs home act' and all the cretins jump on the bandwagon. Ever hear of 'smart cookies'?

The lawyers have you guys eating out of their hand.

Ooh! All MR care about is dividends.... guess who is invested in those companies.... all the unions and everyone who has a 401K or other retirement investments.

Offshoring started long ago and you would be daft to think MR or the repubs specialize in it o the exclusion of the Dems.

You would be adled to think MR will encourage offshoring jobs.

Just like Obama was going to change Washington politics and instead has become the epitome of slime ball politics.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
And this is bad how? Sounds like you're grasping at straws. Damned shame. Republicans have good bills that demos don't support, I call them on it. This is bull**** from the republicans.

Go bury your head in the sand if you like.
Go read the bill. I did. It's a very short and to the point bill. I posted the link.

Honestly though I doubt many companies would jump on this for 20% credit on moving expenses.
They're going to lay off employees making pennies a day and hire US workers with higher salaries, benefits and mandated healthcare ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies