Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:01 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,267,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Biden was in full manic-smirk-mode from the moment he walked out on the stage. Stop trying to justify Biden's boorish and unprofessional performance.

Fuzzy math? It was Biden who claimed 0bama's tax policies would only affect those making over 1 million dollars a year.

Why do liberals keep coming armed with faux, paper mache weapons to a deabte?
Yes, fuzzy.

Paul Ryan's budget: 4 ways it proves he's not a fiscal mastermind - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,123,787 times
Biden as Buiden and Ryan was ryan . Both aimed at the base suppporters;nothing else. One would think that most did not remmeber Biden in his presidential nomination debates basically ridiculing Obama has a amateur especail;y in foreign policy. Hillary protrayed him as one you didn't weant to answer the red phone at night and Buirend one who would acuse crisis.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,169,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Biden as Buiden and Ryan was ryan . Both aimed at the base suppporters;nothing else. One would think that most did not remmeber Biden in his presidential nomination debates basically ridiculing Obama has a amateur especail;y in foreign policy. Hillary protrayed him as one you didn't weant to answer the red phone at night and Buirend one who would acuse crisis.
What a load of baloney. Biden aimed at seniors tempted to vote for Romney by addressing them directly on entitlements. He aimed at middle-class independents in Romney's 47% of takers.

Ryan tried to do the same, just not nearly as well.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The UK Telegraph you say?

Do you mean the newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch?

The same Rupert Murdoch who owns FOX News?

The same FOX News and UK Telegraph that are owned by News Corp which is owned by....wait for it....Rupert Murdoch?

Is that the same Rupert Murdoch whose newspapers were caught spying invasively on privae citizens and politicians alike by taping phones and bugging their homes.

That Rupert Murdoch?

(nice try though)
I think so. Murdoch's paper is located in a country where politicians frequently get "pied". In fact, Murdoch himself once got pied.

Mandelson green custard protest: Duck! Other politicians under aerial attack | Politics | guardian.co.uk
Murdoch attacked with pie at hearing*|*Raw Replay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It isn't a bar room argument.

Even in politics there are rules of decorum and decency.

Have you ever watched C-Span and watched members of both houses and how they address each other? They may disagree vehemently but, at least they still have manners.
Or the State of the Union message where a congressman interrupts a president with "You lie"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Ryan was interrupted over 100 times. He was interrupted so often, the there were even times where both Biden and the moderator were talking over each other, and interrupting each other, while they were interrupting Ryan.

Biden was like a manic fool, laughing and smirking even while the moderator was asking him questions about Iran and Libya. He'd even be seen laughing in the split screen when there was nothing to laugh about. The American people deserve better then half-baked, Joking-Joe Biden in the White House.

You want you VP choice to be a level-headed person, because if he becomes the president something catastrophic has just happened and we need a level-headed person to step in during this crisis. Biden is an over emotional, barely sane individual, prone to speaking horrible gaffes and incorrectly recalling facts and events.
Have you never watched a previous political debate? I remember a debate in 1992 (I think it was the VP debate) where my then 8 year old daughter ran out of the room crying b/c the combatants, er, candidates were being so rude, shouting at each other and interrupting.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,169,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Have you never watched a previous political debate? I remember a debate in 1992 (I think it was the VP debate) where my then 8 year old daughter ran out of the room crying b/c the combatants, er, candidates were being so rude, shouting at each other and interrupting.
I rest my case. That was an excellent debate in which the candidates actually had to think on their feet and articulate ideas off the cuff. You thought it was rude and just yelling. Again, I rest my case.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:06 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I rest my case. That was an excellent debate in which the candidates actually had to think on their feet and articulate ideas off the cuff. You thought it was rude and just yelling. Again, I rest my case.
Go rest for all I care. I don't know what your "case" even is. My daughter had never seen peope behave like that before.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 PM

59,563 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Oh, you mean how Biden was expected by the right wing in this country to let Ryan get away with his blatent lies? Sorry old chap, that was never going to happen.
Biden sure told his share of lies!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Ok, we can own up to being rude, but when it comes to being obnoxious, I think republicans hold the belt on that.

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube
Nice try but, you fail How about the ENTIRE comment, not 1 line taken out of context?

Old 10-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think so. Murdoch's paper is located in a country where politicians frequently get "pied". In fact, Murdoch himself once got pied.

Mandelson green custard protest: Duck! Other politicians under aerial attack | Politics | guardian.co.uk
Murdoch attacked with pie at hearing*|*Raw Replay

Or the State of the Union message where a congressman interrupts a president with "You lie"!

First, he DIDN'T interrupt him.

Second, The Congressman was CORRECT.

So, being rude is OK now because it happened before?

Old 10-13-2012, 03:06 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,504,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The UK Telegraph you say?

Do you mean the newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch?

The same Rupert Murdoch who owns FOX News?

The same FOX News and UK Telegraph that are owned by News Corp which is owned by....wait for it....Rupert Murdoch?

Is that the same Rupert Murdoch whose newspapers were caught spying invasively on privae citizens and politicians alike by taping phones and bugging their homes.

That Rupert Murdoch?

(nice try though)
I believe Murdoch also owns the London Times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies