Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 05:40 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,735,142 times

Advertisements

This is a serious problem for Obama and one that is only going to get uglier.....

http://freebeacon.com/revolt-of-the-spooks/

Intelligence officials angered by Obama administration cover up of intelligence on Iranian, al Qaeda surge in Egypt and Libya

Weeks before the presidential election, President Barack Obama’s administration faces mounting opposition from within the ranks of U.S. intelligence agencies over what careerofficers say is a “cover up” of intelligence information about terrorism in North Africa.

“The Obama Administration is afraid to admit al Qaeda is running rampant throughout the region because it would expose the truth instead of what President Obama so pompously spouted during the Democratic Convention” said the official.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,664,584 times
I guess you failed to read your own partisan link.

Susan Phalen, spokeswoman for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Rep. Mike Rogers (R., Mich.), said the panel is “reviewing all relevant intelligence and the actions of the [intelligence community], as would be expected of the oversight committee.”
But she noted: “At this point in time it does not appear that there was an intelligence failure.”

Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM

30,319 posts, read 18,876,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
This is a serious problem for Obama and one that is only going to get uglier.....

http://freebeacon.com/revolt-of-the-spooks/

Intelligence officials angered by Obama administration cover up of intelligence on Iranian, al Qaeda surge in Egypt and Libya

Weeks before the presidential election, President Barack Obama’s administration faces mounting opposition from within the ranks of U.S. intelligence agencies over what careerofficers say is a “cover up” of intelligence information about terrorism in North Africa.

“The Obama Administration is afraid to admit al Qaeda is running rampant throughout the region because it would expose the truth instead of what President Obama so pompously spouted during the Democratic Convention” said the official.
What we have is a "Carter like" error in installing two Islamic governments in North Africa, destabilizing the region, much like Carter did with Iran in the Persian Gulf.

This was a monumental foreign policy blunder, to go along with all the domestic economic blunders. Too bad the media won't report the facts, but obviously Obama is a magnificent idiot who has failed at every turn. Now his errors are not only impoverishing Americans, but killing them as well.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess you failed to read your own partisan link.

Susan Phalen, spokeswoman for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Rep. Mike Rogers (R., Mich.), said the panel is “reviewing all relevant intelligence and the actions of the [intelligence community], as would be expected of the oversight committee.”
But she noted: “At this point in time it does not appear that there was an intelligence failure.”

Oh...I read it alright.

And I see you omitted ALL the damning things the ACTUAL Intelligence people are saying.

One sentence doesn't discount ALL the rest.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,432,852 times
Quote:
Oh...I read it alright.

And I see you omitted ALL the damning things the ACTUAL Intelligence people are saying.

One sentence doesn't discount ALL the rest.
And you're discounting that these "intelligence people" are all UNNAMED sources. We don't know who "they" are, if it's more than one person, and we don't know the motive for this one person or several persons to make these statements.

And you're still having copyright violation issues.

Sticky: Copyright Issues

Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And you're discounting that these "intelligence people" are all UNNAMED sources. We don't know who "they" are, if it's more than one person, and we don't know the motive for this one person or several persons to make these statements.

So you want to "OUT" a CIA Agent???

Quote:
And you're still having copyright violation issues.

Sticky: Copyright Issues

What copyright issue did I violate?

I posted a LINK and a couple short quotes form the link.

I also included some of my own commentary:
Quote:
If THAT is a violation then there are literally thousands of them on C-D.

Of course YOUR motive is to stifle my free speech because you don't agree with it...typical liberal hypocrisy paying only lip-service to free speech and tolerance.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
So you want to "OUT" a CIA Agent???

What copyright issue did I violate?

I posted a LINK and a couple short quotes form the link.

I also included some of my own commentary:

If THAT is a violation then there are literally thousands of them on C-D.

Of course YOUR motive is to stifle my free speech because you don't agree with it...typical liberal hypocrisy paying only lip-service to free speech and tolerance.
So "intelligence offical" = CIA agent???? Why is a CIA agent talking to a journalist? And how do you KNOW that these "intelligence officials" are CIA agents?

As for c/r violation, read the link. That's how I know that I cannot just exclusively c&p from links to start threads or to respond to posts. I get very tired of your redundancy. Seems to me you are not being very tolerant of anything other than what you want.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
So "intelligence offical" = CIA agent???? Why is a CIA agent talking to a journalist? And how do you KNOW that these "intelligence officials" are CIA agents?

They are either CIA, FBI, or NSA.....ALL of which it is illegal to OUT.

Quote:
As for c/r violation, read the link.
I did and what I am doing conforms to that guideline.

Quote:
That's how I know that I cannot just exclusively c&p from links to start threads or to respond to posts.
It only says to keep the C&P to a minimum...which I did if you follow the link.
Quote:
Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Quote:
I get very tired of your redundancy. Seems to me you are not being very tolerant of anything other than what you want.

Do you see ME complain like you do when I see a C&P from a Liberal? If you think I do...then find me doing that and expose me for it. Hint....don't waste your time because I have NEVER done that.

Do you ALSO know that C-D's TOS state quite CLEARLY that posting only about another poster is a violation? You seem to violate that on my posts constantly.
Quote:
We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
They are either CIA, FBI, or NSA.....ALL of which it is illegal to OUT.

I did and what I am doing conforms to that guideline.

It only says to keep the C&P to a minimum...which I did if you follow the link.

Do you see ME complain like you do when I see a C&P from a Liberal? If you think I do...then find me doing that and expose me for it. Hint....don't waste your time because I have NEVER done that.

Do you ALSO know that C-D's TOS state quite CLEARLY that posting only about another poster is a violation? You seem to violate that on my posts constantly.
Really, I didn't know that all CIA agents, FBI agents and NSA were considered "intelligence OFFICIALS".....is that really true?

Keeping c&p to a minimum doesn't mean compared to the size of the article, but to a minimum in YOUR POST. In other words, I think it means that your post should contain YOUR summary of what the article says, and then a "snippet" from the article/source. It does not mean that your entire post can consist of JUST quotes from the article. Btw, these are NOT my rules. I think it's really a legal issue.
snippet [ˈsnɪpɪt]n a small scrap or fragment snippet - definition of snippet by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I've been discussing your posting method, not you personally. It seems you have been somewhat confused in re the copyright issue. I discovered this because I do read your links very carefully in order to respond to your message. However, again, it just seems you've been confused about something that I think ultimately is a legal issue for cd. Btw, you're an unusually prolific poster.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Really, I didn't know that all CIA agents, FBI agents and NSA were considered "intelligence OFFICIALS".....is that really true?

Keeping c&p to a minimum doesn't mean compared to the size of the article, but to a minimum in YOUR POST. In other words, I think it means that your post should contain YOUR summary of what the article says, and then a "snippet" from the article/source. It does not mean that your entire post can consist of JUST quotes from the article. Btw, these are NOT my rules. I think it's really a legal issue.
snippet [ˈsnɪpɪt]n a small scrap or fragment snippet - definition of snippet by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I've been discussing your posting method, not you personally. It seems you have been somewhat confused in re the copyright issue. I discovered this because I do read your links very carefully in order to respond to your message. However, again, it just seems you've been confused about something that I think ultimately is a legal issue for cd. Btw, you're an unusually prolific poster.

Funny............ in reviewing YOUR posts, it's become apparent to me that you ONLY complain about MY C&P while ignoring the C&P in posts you happen to agree with.

You agenda is quite clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies