Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 PM

465 posts, read 511,158 times

Advertisements

I'm not liking Romney or Obama at all. I've looked at Johnson's record and I think he would do well and I think he has the real answer to health care considering what he did in New Mexico that lowered the cost of Medicaid by 25% and left them New Mexico with a $1 billion dollar surplus. He's also got a business history imo a lot better one than Romney. I really like his views on military spending as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,190,551 times
I think he is great. The problem is the same as a vote for Nader in 2000. Bush loved Nader and Obama will love Johnson. It's sad but it is just the way our system is right now. I think a more plausible option would be to try to emphasize the libertarian roots of the GOP which would help candidates like Johnson stay on the GOP ticket thus giving him a real shot.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:37 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,741,312 times
No. He's a politician. He's no different from Obama or Romney.

Don't forget. Obama was considered a Washington enlightenment back in 08. Change?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
No. He's a politician. He's no different from Obama or Romney.

Don't forget. Obama was considered a Washington enlightenment back in 08. Change?
One difference Johnson has more experience. Plus him and his VP Jim Gray have practical solutions on many issues that haven't been tried by either party. I'm pretty sure Romney won't work and I know Obama won't so of the people running right now he looks the best.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,741,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
One difference Johnson has more experience. Plus him and his VP Jim Gray have practical solutions on many issues that haven't been tried by either party. I'm pretty sure Romney won't work and I know Obama won't so of the people running right now he looks the best.
Let's say their ticket wins the election, which it doesn't have a chance in a million years. How would they get their policies implemented with the current atmosphere in the legislative branch?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
I think he is great. The problem is the same as a vote for Nader in 2000. Bush loved Nader and Obama will love Johnson. It's sad but it is just the way our system is right now. I think a more plausible option would be to try to emphasize the libertarian roots of the GOP which would help candidates like Johnson stay on the GOP ticket thus giving him a real shot.
The thing is I'm in a state where Romney will hands down win. So it's not a wasted vote either way. Of course I don't vote with that in mind. I vote for whoever I think is best not for how I think it will effect the election.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Let's say their ticket wins the election, which it doesn't have a chance in a million years. How would they get their policies implemented with the current atmosphere in the legislative branch?
you make a good point and i don't know other than he does have line item veto and he used it thousands of times as gov'r so why wouldn't he now...that's a good start...plus in the future it might make both parties think they don't have certain people "locked" in because where are they going to go...instead of having two clones almost exactly alike...not willing to make hard decisions...but just kick the can on down the line...i know it won't happen but i think it would send a huge message...i think libertarian could take over one of the other two major parties before too long not immediately but in a decade or two...i can totally see it happen...one reason if it doesn't work they don't hold onto it they come up with a new idea...i think there's too many sacred cows in both of the other parties.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,111,480 times
I plan on voting for him...

Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,402,792 times
I am going to vote for Johnson he has a great fiscal conservative record.

I would suggest if Johnson could not get anything done he should actively campaign against congress members in 2014. Show up at rallies and fund raisers and give speeches for their opponents. They would wake up in a hurry, that would be the ultimate bully pulpit

Old 09-28-2012, 01:54 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,177,891 times
Quote:
Ya know if the sheople keep voting for the two idiots nothing will change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies