Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,760,181 times

Advertisements

Democratic politicians have done a much better job of selling their programs than Republicans. Dems know that the truth is meaningless, and all that matters is how the voters perceive the two parties. The Dems know that the big government nanny state is like crack cocaine - once you are on it, you can't get off and you will be a Dem voter for life.

Dem politicians have done a very good job fooling the voters into thinking big government and the nanny state is good for them. They have millions of people believing that taking other people’s money is “charity”. They realize that the truth doesn’t matter to most voters, so the Dems focus all their efforts on changing voter perception. The Dems have convinced millions of people that they really like the comfort of a government that is so big and powerful that it can tell them what to eat, what to drink, how to save for retirement, provide them health care, provide them home loans, eliminate all risk in their lives and provide them everything they need. Dems have convinced millions that freedom is less important than the big government nanny state, and that millions of government workers soaking up their tax dollars is a good thing and that waste and fraud is just the cost of having government take care of them. They have even convinced voters that government knows better than the market which companies should fail and which companies should succeed.

Meanwhile, the Rep politicians are focused on trying to prove that their programs are good, but they don’t spend enough energy trying to fool the voters. So voters have been brainwashed into thinking that Reps efforts to limit the nanny state is bad for them. Reps make little or no effort to brainwash voters; they just hit them head on with good programs. And now voters even believe Reps are war mongers and Dems are for peace even while watching the Dems prolong our useless wars. Reps are foolish enough to believe that voters want the truth, but as we know, “you can’t handle the truth”.

And the poor Libertarian politicians are even dumber than Republicans. They know they have the best programs by a wide margin and think that voters will recognize their superior position. They spend NO time trying to brainwash voters and just hope more of them will be smart enough to recognize the superior political positions. They keep hoping that voters will value freedom more than a cycle of government dependency. They keep hoping that voters will wake up and say "government should not tell me what to eat, drink or smoke, or tell me I cannot gamble". They keep hoping that voters will say "I am an adult, so I should be able to make my own decisions". They keep hoping that voters will get tired of spending billions on useless wars that kill thousands of your young adults. But that will never happen. The majority of voters wouldn’t recognize the truth if it bit them on the butt. However, that doesn’t stop Libertarians from their single minded efforts to propose the best possible solutions. And brainwashing voters? The Libertarians don’t even try.

So yes, Democratic politicians are smarter than Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,210,714 times
Yup, they sure are

Guam will Capsize and Tip Over into the ocean Hank Johnson - YouTube

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,111 times
I'd read the OP but really, too damn many words to be meaningful, and my island is tilting.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
So I don't think it would do much good to abolish government welfare and leave it to private charities to help the poor. A conservative would just drive by, see a charity site with a long line going out the door and complain, "Dang those moochers. They ought to close the doors to that place and tell them to go way. We're tired of trying to help you. It doesn't work."

Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,089,490 times
Just bigger liars and bullcrappers.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,425,426 times
Their constituents are easier to fool...

Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Their constituents are easier to fool...
That is what I see, tool

Tried to rep you and wasn't allowed to do it.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

See, you are proving my point. The Dems can run an absolute idiot and still convince the voters to vote for him. That means the Dems are smart politicians.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,209,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Democratic politicians have done a much better job of selling their programs than Republicans. Dems know that the truth is meaningless, and all that matters is how the voters perceive the two parties. The Dems know that the big government nanny state is like crack cocaine - once you are on it, you can't get off and you will be a Dem voter for life.

Dem politicians have done a very good job fooling the voters into thinking big government and the nanny state is good for them. They have millions of people believing that taking other people’s money is “charity”. They realize that the truth doesn’t matter to most voters, so the Dems focus all their efforts on changing voter perception. The Dems have convinced millions of people that they really like the comfort of a government that is so big and powerful that it can tell them what to eat, what to drink, how to save for retirement, provide them health care, provide them home loans, eliminate all risk in their lives and provide them everything they need. Dems have convinced millions that freedom is less important than the big government nanny state, and that millions of government workers soaking up their tax dollars is a good thing and that waste and fraud is just the cost of having government take care of them. They have even convinced voters that government knows better than the market which companies should fail and which companies should succeed.

Meanwhile, the Rep politicians are focused on trying to prove that their programs are good, but they don’t spend enough energy trying to fool the voters. So voters have been brainwashed into thinking that Reps efforts to limit the nanny state is bad for them. Reps make little or no effort to brainwash voters; they just hit them head on with good programs. And now voters even believe Reps are war mongers and Dems are for peace even while watching the Dems prolong our useless wars. Reps are foolish enough to believe that voters want the truth, but as we know, “you can’t handle the truth”.

And the poor Libertarian politicians are even dumber than Republicans. They know they have the best programs by a wide margin and think that voters will recognize their superior position. They spend NO time trying to brainwash voters and just hope more of them will be smart enough to recognize the superior political positions. They keep hoping that voters will value freedom more than a cycle of government dependency. They keep hoping that voters will wake up and say "government should not tell me what to eat, drink or smoke, or tell me I cannot gamble". They keep hoping that voters will say "I am an adult, so I should be able to make my own decisions". They keep hoping that voters will get tired of spending billions on useless wars that kill thousands of your young adults. But that will never happen. The majority of voters wouldn’t recognize the truth if it bit them on the butt. However, that doesn’t stop Libertarians from their single minded efforts to propose the best possible solutions. And brainwashing voters? The Libertarians don’t even try.

So yes, Democratic politicians are smarter than Republicans.

really? to me both sides of the aisle are complete idiots. as all they truly want is more power and limit the freedom and liberty of the people they are supposed to be serving in the 1st place.
so while you think that democrat politicians are smarter, all they really are are power hungry meglomaniacs that think they are above the law.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
really? to me both sides of the aisle are complete idiots. as all they truly want is more power and limit the freedom and liberty of the people they are supposed to be serving in the 1st place.
so while you think that democrat politicians are smarter, all they really are are power hungry meglomaniacs that think they are above the law.
My "smarter" comment was an attempt at satire. But they really are better at fooling the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies