Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,780,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
He never said that the death of the U.S. Ambassador was a "bump in the road". Stop lying.

However, this is desperation from the Romney camp and not new. Romney, a man with little foreign experience, is attacking Obama's foreign policy record. While I am not the greatest fan of Obama's neocon-lite foreign policy, he is much better than Republicans. Plus, he has kept America safe, unlike the last President.
This is a joke.

9/11 happened less than 8 months into his term and it's Bush's fault for not keeping us safe.

3+ years after Obama is in office and NOTHING is his fault.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,343,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
He never said that the death of the U.S. Ambassador was a "bump in the road". Stop lying.

However, this is desperation from the Romney camp and not new. Romney, a man with little foreign experience, is attacking Obama's foreign policy record. While I am not the greatest fan of Obama's neocon-lite foreign policy, he is much better than Republicans. Plus, he has kept America safe, unlike the last President.
Go ahead and watch the CBS video of him saying exactly that. I know you don't want to believe that but surely you can take the couple of minutes to hear him say the words instead of just keep going on with those words about, he didn't.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How is Romney off topic, when he is the one who made the false claim?

Well, I can't answer since he didn't talk like that. Romney made it up. If you want to defend lie, then be my guest.

No clue what you are talking about.
Here is your own private opportunity to watch The One say the words so you won't have to keep blaming Romney for saying the words. I find it very hard to believe that you don't hear and interpret the words of The One when it is painful to hear.

Obama Says Attacks In Libya And Egypt Are Just "Bumps In The Road" - YouTube

The lefty I so poorly told you about left Kestrel's place about the same time you and a number of other lefties pulled the same trick. Surely you can see by now that he is no longer with us.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I still don't hear him say that a dead ambassador is nothing but a bump on the road. Maybe you simply are incapable of comprehending the context.

Heck, have it your way Roy. I don't care how you read it. Accrding to Romney you are just another "moocher-victim", and according to his ow words even he doesn't give a rip about what you think.
I guess you just don't understand what the interviewer was talking about so you have to take The One's words as what he meant in answering, or something at least that convoluted in you attempt to cover up for him. You haven't by any chance started working in the MSM, have you?

So you think that when one pays 10% of his monthly SS check to Medicare he is a moocher? Do you know who passed those two laws with huge majorities? I am thinking more and more that you have joined up with the MSM.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,148,462 times
In context:

The Bump Stops Here - WSJ.com
Kroft: Have the events that took place in the Middle East, the recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?
Obama: Well, I'd said even at the time that this is going to be a rocky path. The question presumes that somehow we could have stopped this wave of change. I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights, a notion that people have to be able to participate in their own governance. But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because, you know, in a lot of these places, the one organizing principle has been Islam. The one part of society that hasn't been controlled completely by the government.
There are strains of extremism, and anti-Americanism, and anti-Western sentiment. And, you know, can be tapped into by demagogues. There will probably be some times where we bump up against some of these countries and have strong disagreements, but I do think that over the long term we are more likely to get a Middle East and North Africa that is more peaceful, more prosperous and more aligned with our interests.
A lot different when not treated as a sound bite.

Oh the (fake) outrage...

Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,778,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you just don't understand what the interviewer was talking about so you have to take The One's words as what he meant in answering, or something at least that convoluted in you attempt to cover up for him. You haven't by any chance started working in the MSM, have you?
Read it any way you want. I don't speak your moocher-victim lingo, so forgive me if we are not hearing the same thing. I'll just go with the actual interview, and you go with a political soundbite.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,259,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
In context:

The Bump Stops Here - WSJ.com
Kroft: Have the events that took place in the Middle East, the recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?
Obama: Well, I'd said even at the time that this is going to be a rocky path. The question presumes that somehow we could have stopped this wave of change. I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights, a notion that people have to be able to participate in their own governance. But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because, you know, in a lot of these places, the one organizing principle has been Islam. The one part of society that hasn't been controlled completely by the government.
There are strains of extremism, and anti-Americanism, and anti-Western sentiment. And, you know, can be tapped into by demagogues. There will probably be some times where we bump up against some of these countries and have strong disagreements, but I do think that over the long term we are more likely to get a Middle East and North Africa that is more peaceful, more prosperous and more aligned with our interests.
A lot different when not treated as a sound bite.

Oh the (fake) outrage...
Oh the outrage, oh the humanity of it all, you just killed another right wing troll thread! congratulations, and thank you!!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
"Romney told ABC News that he couldn't "imagine saying something like the assassination of ambassadors is a bump in the road."

Obama describes wave of Middle East violence, murder of U.S. ambassador to Libya as 'bumps in the road' | Mail Online
NICE job of taking something completely out of context!

His remark referenced a prior statement saying he was pretty sure there would be some bumps in the road in the region. If you want to sell your BS that he referred to the death of the Ambassador as a bump in the road you'll have to be prepared to supply proof he had prior knowledge the Ambassador would be killed when he made the statement. Otherwise it's just a typical self-Righteous, out of context, factually incorrect, hyperbolic load of steaming crap.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 AM

876 posts, read 710,813 times
Quote:
I heard both interviews, Romney's, and Obama,s and he simply did not say what you and Romney claim he said. Romney's words are a pure misrepresentation of the truth. You need to look into the facts, and not run with some foreign rag, or the comments made by political opponents. Yes, Romney is the low one on this issue, because he is the one making false claims. You are a fool believing everything you hear, and never looking up the facts. A fool!

Feel free to believe whatever you want to, but at least I'm am not arrogant or rude or cowardly enough to anonymously call another poster a name just because she spoke out against your prescious prince. I watched the video. He called the "recent events in the Middle East", "bumps in the road". We all know, or should know, what the "recent events" are. They are the attacks on our embassies and the slaying of four Americans. Our Ambassador was DRUG THROUGH THE STREETS!. And you are more concerned about the fact that Romney said something against the big O. Oh no. Romney may have hurt poor wittlle obama's feelings. He said it because obama acts like this was nothing. The liberal media doesn't want to ask obama the tough questions and they want to water it down by calling it "recent events". But, we know what they are! And if you choose not to believe that because your almighty obama said it and he is sooo perfect, then maybe I'm not the one that is a fool.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,052,296 times
He does see it as a bump in the road, a bump to his re-election. Hence the lies and cover up. If this entire story was reported on fairly and accurately by the press, Barack would be in big trouble and he knows it, the press know it. Which is why they stick with going all nuts over anti-Romney stories and keep quiet about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies