Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times

Advertisements

NO. peaceful protests are good, riots are bad. Can't believe anyone would need to be told that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 02:38 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,009,127 times
Absolutely - at least then it would be obvious that they are just another religious sect that has completely lost its mind. Alas, I get the impression that most Christians are lot more level-headed, educated, and intelligent than this. As with Islam, it's the extreme nutjobs that soil the rest of the religion.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:38 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,558,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Ah yes, Christians are considered the majority in the US and maybe they need to begin to act like a minority in order to get the attention of President Obama. Obama listens to Muslims, gays, and all other minorities but so seldom seems to hear Christians. I really think that the next time someone makes a "work" of art like **** Christ we should demonstrate outside his house, the art studio that displays it, and everywhere else it is extolled, no matter how much or for what reason. The next time someone makes a movie to dig at Christianity like The daVinci Papers we should do the same. Since there are so many of us that we seem to be a majority we should use those numbers to float one suit after another like the minorities do.

Yes, this is the voiced opinion of the Godfather and roysoldboy, but how many others feel the same way? I wonder what would happen if we tried to help minorities to see what they look like.

Should Christians Start Protesting and Rioting Like the Muslims Do?
A lot of these minorities your talking about, are actually Christian too.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:42 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,224,631 times
Quote:
Ah yes, Christians are considered the majority in the US and maybe they need to begin to act like a minority in order to get the attention of President Obama. Obama listens to Muslims, gays, and all other minorities but so seldom seems to hear Christians. I really think that the next time someone makes a "work" of art like **** Christ we should demonstrate outside his house, the art studio that displays it, and everywhere else it is extolled, no matter how much or for what reason. The next time someone makes a movie to dig at Christianity like The daVinci Papers we should do the same. Since there are so many of us that we seem to be a majority we should use those numbers to float one suit after another like the minorities do.

Yes, this is the voiced opinion of the Godfather and roysoldboy, but how many others feel the same way? I wonder what would happen if we tried to help minorities to see what they look like.

I dont think all the cops could handle it. think of all those conservatives being armed better than the cops are armed.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:43 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ian-protesters

When New York artist Andres Serrano plunged a plastic crucifix into a glass of his own urine and photographed it in 1987 under the title **** Christ, he said he was making a statement on the misuse of religion.

Controversy has followed the work ever since, but reached an unprecedented peak on Palm Sunday when it was attacked with hammers and destroyed after an "anti-blasphemy" campaign by French Catholic fundamentalists in the southern city of Avignon

But on Palm Sunday morning, four people in sunglasses aged between 18 and 25 entered the exhibition just after it opened at 11am. One took a hammer out of his sock and threatened the guards with it. A guard grabbed another man around the waist but within seconds the group managed to take a hammer to the plexiglass screen and slash the photograph with another sharp object, thought to be a screwdriver or ice-pick. They also smashed another work, which showed the hands of a meditating nun.
Well I have another idea for him to do. Islam is being misused so do the same thing with Mohammad. How many bets I get he will do it?

Old 09-23-2012, 02:45 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,766 times
Seriously white people are fearful beyond belief. It's not even funny anymore and I like to joke about it but the fear factor of whites in this "new America" is beyond pathetic...

Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,456,931 times
Default Should Christians begin to protest and riot like minorities

Quote:

By all means, christians should copy the behavior of barbaric middle eastern haters over this 25 year old "art" that three GOP presidents failed to address over five terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Christ

Who would Jesus attack?

Now, "it's Obama's fault."

You're beautiful.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,841,844 times
If you are a Christian take a walk to a place of authority...for instance sit in on a town meeting...or sit in the body of a court...or attend any function where people are exerting authorship of the future of citizens...Don't speak...don't identify yourself - sit and judge...and they will feel your presence...then leave...no great proclamations....just provide the spirit..They will feel it and it will bring them to think...You can have great power without becoming like some common nut throwing rocks through windows...or bothering police by rioting- The police are YOUR private army--your brothers and friends- never offend them.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,009,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you are a Christian take a walk to a place of authority...for instance sit in on a town meeting...or sit in the body of a court...or attend any function where people are exerting authorship of the future of citizens...Don't speak...don't identify yourself - sit and judge...
I see, you understand Christianity well...

Try Matthew 7

Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,278,409 times
Christians are a minority among the younger generation. Rioting isn't the answer though. Churches, ministers, and clergymen have done a horrible job at trying to connect with the younger generation and show them the Gospel so thats why most of them have turned to atheism/agnosticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies