Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I predict this child will grow up very self-assured, confident, and knowing his parents will ALWAYS have his back. Yes, he might face cruel judgments (as displayed on this thread) - but having such supportive parents will help him through it. Only time will tell, though, and it's ultimately their decision how to raise their child.
It's too bad that you cannot change the way society sees weird people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times
The only kind of dad that would do this is one with a set of b***s that's teaching his kid to not be a sissy-sheep following the crowd about something that's purely arbitrary.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,922,746 times
i think this story is cute... I'd wear a dress if it meant protecting one of my children from bullies.. If he wanted to wear a dress I would support him. I think there's more strength is bucking societal norms in the face of adversity than caving to peer and societal pressures! a boy in a dress hurts nobody...

Old 09-02-2012, 10:42 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
i think this story is cute... I'd wear a dress if it meant protecting one of my children from bullies.. If he wanted to wear a dress I would support him. I think there's more strength is bucking societal norms in the face of adversity than caving to peer and societal pressures! a boy in a dress hurts nobody...
The father already had the dress. The son is just doing what he has learned from Dad. Dad is a selfish ******* who is experimenting using his son as a lab rat.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's too bad that you cannot change the way society sees weird people.
It's also too bad that you cannot change the way society sees ignorant people.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 AM

717 posts, read 648,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The father already had the dress. The son is just doing what he has learned from Dad. Dad is a selfish ******* who is experimenting using his son as a lab rat.
And that would be a crock of fertiliser!

Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Sadly nobody can see this. Nobody cares about the kid just the fact that daddy is showing how tough he is by wearing a skirt. Now not only is this kid the boy who wears a skirt in the neighborhood but his dad does too. Children are cruel animals in the world of kiddom. That fact will not change. Folks can scream and wail that it should be allowed and anybody who doesn't agree is wrong and on and on but we live in reality not the dream of folks who think everybody should wear a skirt. So much for caring about the kids. Hey as long as they push your agenda I guess they do.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,106 times
That father is a sicko and is setting his kid up for deep psychological issues later in life.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:26 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,866,214 times
I find it hilarious that a little boy wanting to wear a dress (when "real men" wore similar things for centuries) and his Dad backing him up has so many people freaking out. Jesus wore a dress, the Roman legions and Greek Armies of Alexander conquered many lands wearing what would today be called skirts. These things fluctuate culturally throughout history so the only thing that makes it "sick" or weird" is our ignorance.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,940,749 times
I don't think the kid would care at all if they hadn't been taught that this was weird.

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies