Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,144,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It's not nice to take the Supreme Being's name in vain.
I just refer to him as Moe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,797,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
I don't know how big of a problem it is - but modern European culture is far too advanced and accepting of lesser cultures that are based on religion. I think some Europeans are deluded in their belief that they can impart their sophistication on such people, and as a result said Europeans are destroying themselves (ironically, those doing the destroying are destroying the very thing that allowed them to be in Europe and take advantage of its generosity).
Well put. This would be dismissed as a racist viewpoint, in the West in general. But that is not it. It is the acceptance of religious zealots by a host population that is more advanced and tolerant. The zealots almost always have higher reproductive rates, and a greater susceptibility to tribal hatreds and violence. That is the Muslim fundamentalists in a nutshell.

Here is a racist chaser. I wonder if the difficulty of the young men in meeting the educational standards in the most advanced countries (say Sweden), sews the seeds of resentment and a tendency to "gang up" with others that have similar challenges. In the USA, our prisons are full of guys who struggled in school and turned to crime or other antisocial behavior, usually minority or low intelligence males.

Now if you let in tribal immigrants, and they keep up their high birth rates (why would they not?), you will eventually end up with a sizable population of young, disaffected, violent males. Add in a religion that tells them they are right and the world is wrong, and other women are whores, and voila, violence against women. That is exactly the problem in Sweden, Norway, France, the UK, and other places in Europe. The racist Japanese don't allow this, but look what happened when we sent a bunch of young military guys over there? Young "Christian" guys raping the "heathen" natives. Gross.

I would put forward that what makes us the West is tolerance of people, but intolerance for religious oppression and violence (e.g., raping women of another faith). That was a major motivator of the immigrants to N. America, but their fundamentalist progeny seem to be forgetting that. Religious fundamentalism always results in awful behavior. Put another, more blasphemous way, our forefathers believed all religions are fine, so long as you don't take them very seriously. That is exactly how I feel about Moroni and the magic underwear, for instance. If you want to immigrate to an advanced western country, you have to check your fundamentalism at the door.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,930,100 times
I suggest the "native" Swedes simply stop allowing Muslim men from immigrating and throw out the existing immigrants. These men are determined to extend their violent culture to the rest of the world and have to be stopped if we want to continue our civilization. I think all the rapists be executed and defiled. Or the Swedes could simply declare them Outlaw. Then the Muslim boys would realize Swedes were Vikings once and they would learn what happens when they rape Swedish women. Another suggestion is to send the buggars home and shoot the ones that won't leave. Let any of the women that want to stay.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,407,677 times
It seems swedes hasn't commited a single crime the past twenty years....

Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 AM

31,280 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suggest the "native" Swedes simply stop allowing Muslim men from immigrating and throw out the existing immigrants. These men are determined to extend their violent culture to the rest of the world and have to be stopped if we want to continue our civilization. I think all the rapists be executed and defiled. Or the Swedes could simply declare them Outlaw. Then the Muslim boys would realize Swedes were Vikings once and they would learn what happens when they rape Swedish women. Another suggestion is to send the buggars home and shoot the ones that won't leave. Let any of the women that want to stay.
The emphasis is "once". They're brains have been filled with Liberalism and acceptance of others while marginalizing their selves. The Vikings had they’re time, now is the time for them to be invaded and replaced. Time will see if their Political Correctness leads to their destruction.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
It seems swedes hasn't commited a single crime the past twenty years....

Why this defense? Yes, Swedes commit crimes. But the statistics for the immigrants are far out of proportion with their numbers. And they are rooted in hatred and intolerance. I think this type of activity should be dealt with firmly, for everyones' benefit. By apologizing for them, you don't help Sweden, or the immigrant community.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM

31,280 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well put. This would be dismissed as a racist viewpoint, in the West in general. But that is not it. It is the acceptance of religious zealots by a host population that is more advanced and tolerant. The zealots almost always have higher reproductive rates, and a greater susceptibility to tribal hatreds and violence. That is the Muslim fundamentalists in a nutshell.
People keep throwing the word "Race" into these discussions when it's really culture and religious identity that is the biggest problem. Racial differences are more easily overcome than many other differences, as it is just a physical difference, and not an ingrained religian or doctrine. People of different races have easily gotten along easily compared to religous Zealots or Nationalist.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
People keep throwing the word "Race" into these discussions when it's really culture and religious identity that is the biggest problem. Racial differences are more easily overcome than many other differences, as it is just a physical difference, and not an ingrained religian or doctrine. People of different races have easily gotten along easily compared to religous Zealots or Nationalist.
Agreed. Look at N. Ireland. Guys that are basically just alike hate each other with a passion, over, you guessed it, religion.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 967,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
I don't know how big of a problem it is - but modern European culture is far too advanced and accepting of lesser cultures that are based on religion. I think some Europeans are deluded in their belief that they can impart their sophistication on such people, and as a result said Europeans are destroying themselves (ironically, those doing the destroying are destroying the very thing that allowed them to be in Europe and take advantage of its generosity).

Enlightenment culture should be preserved and spread.

Westerners can in fact effectivelly spread enlightenment values around the globe. The problem with recent european history is that it is never the true motivation.

The flaw that you see today with immigration of people from backward cultures is the same as the colonial era. The true motivation is greed and exploitation. During the colonial era "civilizational uplift" was mere lip service, the real driving force was of course resouces and increased dominion relative to other european competitors. Effective imparting of modern western values could have been achieved without military colonization were it the true purpose.

Today what you see is loads of backward, low wage immigrants being brought in for cheap labor purposes. In this case, there exists an excellent opportunity to "westerninze" these people and see enlightenment values flow back into their native cultures trough them as a result, and although this has been happening to a small extent, it is not on the scale that it should or could.
One reason why, is contemporary liberalisms embrace of cultural relativism, which renders it intellectually unfashionable to speak of "modernity" and "progress" as objectively and universially applicable concepts.

This cripples them from deliberately targeting these groups for enlightenment inculcation. As a result, what you have is a few scatered, usually very highly educated intellectual sorts who become enlightened (more effective in some nations than others), but a mass of stagnantly backward people who stay tied to traditionalist thinking.

These enlightened few as a result have a more difficult task than they should in trying to change their communities and the nations of their ancestory. One need look no further than the Egyptian revolt, led by relatively modern minded urban progressives and moderates, but afterwards predictably was hijacked by islamists whos values actually are more representative of the majority of the nation outside of Cairo and Alexandria.

Certain nations (such as America) do a better job than others of integrating and "westernizing" immigrants from developing nations, but overall no nation does it adequately.

Less discrimination from the reationary right and less apoligism from the relativistic left can go a long way in my opinion to more effecively changing the trajectory of stagnant multigenerational backwardness, that cannot be allowed to continue as is.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,309,331 times
I've been to Sweden at least 4 or 5 times when i lived in Europe. I'm sorry, but that place doesn't have enough crime to even talk about if you're from the United States. Even by European standards, the numbers are a joke.

What...do you expect that there should be ZERO crime? Fine, then build a utopia and live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies