Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times

Advertisements

Pro-aborts say:
A fetus is not a human life.

Todd Akin believed a medical myth:
The female body has the ability to "shut that thing down."

Both of these are equally ignorant.

Each seeks to escape the truth of a violent act.

Why is one worse than the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 06:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times
No one is pro abortion, just pro giving a woman a right to make her own choice, the government does not belong in our bodies.

Also Akin is a sitting congressman showing a blatant sign of ignorance that shouldn't be tolerated in office.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No one is pro abortion, just pro giving a woman a right to make her own choice, the government does not belong in our bodies.

Also Akin is a sitting congressman showing a blatant sign of ignorance that shouldn't be tolerated in office.
Would not you say a woman that has an abortion is pro abortion? Would not you say doctors whose living depends on abortions is pro abortion? There are people that are pro abortion. I am pro abortion. The less welfare bums having babies the better off we are.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Using the term "pro-abortion" is like calling gun owners "pro-killers" so when you start a topic out with making such an ignorant mistake in terminology it's a little hard to take your question seriously.

To answer your question: a fetus has the potential for life the same as an acorn has the potential to be an oak tree. To many people a fetus is not a human life until it is viable outside the womb. That IS a fact that people disagree on when life begins. What Akin's said is total bull designed to help redefine rape and public opinion of rape so that abortions in turn can be denied to all rape victims. i.e. if "they got pregnant then it wasn't a 'legitimate' rape."

Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
To answer your question: a fetus has the potential for life the same as an acorn has the potential to be an oak tree.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Would not you say a woman that has an abortion is pro abortion? Would not you say doctors whose living depends on abortions is pro abortion? There are people that are pro abortion. I am pro abortion. The less welfare bums having babies the better off we are.
Well I guess you are pro-abortion. I am not, but I think it is important for a woman to have the right to choose what they want to do with their own bodies and I don't think it is a man's place or a government's place to tell a woman what to do.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,235,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

More like a seed that just put out roots in the soil but meh, w.e.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I guess you are pro-abortion. I am not, but I think it is important for a woman to have the right to choose what they want to do with their own bodies and I don't think it is a man's place or a government's place to tell a woman what to do.
It's not up to men or government to tell a woman what to do but it is the governments job to ensure the safety of others.

In situations like abortion, someone has to get cut loose, whether it's...

The fetus that's being aborted
The emotional, physical, and financial factors of the mother
The medical/judicial safety of the mother

Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Contrast this statement to some of the others: Everyone that is for abortion has already been born.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Contrast this statement to some of the others: Everyone that is for abortion has already been born.
Think about this then...

Everyone who will ever be born, is already alive.

Think about it, time didn't exist before you started forming your earliest memories right?

Well then, time didn't exist for anyone else.

This might be off topic though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies