Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,912,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
... The State Department has recently ended its long-running series of Background Notes, which were analytical, objective histories of other countries. In their place, new “Fact Sheets” now tout Obama’s policies and actions toward each nation. No more historical context, no recounting of complex and long-standing issues in the country. Just cut to the chase—that is, the time when the current Administration came to power. ...

... This follows an Administration trend that goes back to 2009. In March of that year, the Administration was caught editing President George W. Bush’s biography to soften his listed accomplishments, and it quickly reversed course. Just a few months ago, it was discovered that White House staff had edited the biographies of many past presidents on whitehouse.gov to include a bullet point or two inserting President Obama into each historical narrative. These remain on the site, including a fabrication they inserted about President Ronald Reagan’s tax policy to make it seem similar to Obama’s. ...
Morning Bell: Obama Edits Official State Department Documents to Tout Himself

I remember when LBJ's historical info went missing at the Library of Congress (website) in 2009 .. I had a suspicion, but blew it off as just being paranoid .. a lot of stuff over on the Wikipedia has changed over the past few years as well .. Slight edits and reference links that had always been their before went missing. I first thought that some of the reference links might not have been live so they were removed. But months later, I discovered the reference links to be alive and well .. only just that they were no longer published on the Wikipedia.

I'm as well finding that some of the study/reference materials that I use these days can't be found online like they once were, forcing me to actually having to visit the local library in order to study using actual, unedited hardcopies. (books)

I wonder when the books we use for historical reference are going to be removed.

It seems as if historical documentation that goes against various certain thought or policy is being removed .. allbeit ever so incrementally and quietly.

references:

Obama Transforms State Department “Background Notes” Into Campaign Material:

Original Fact Sheet:: Brazil (01/09)
The new Obama-centric Fact Sheet:: Brazil
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,478,019 times
Have not had respect for this President and administration. And now have even less, infact i trust them not at all.

But anything Obama does to me is not trustworthy.

And what are they going to edit in Obama's Bio, talk about all the HOPE N' CHANGE he brought to the Country, oh wait that is in our dreams!

The wonderful booming thriving economy, oh wait we have to wait till he is out of office.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,641,897 times
He's a legend in his own mind.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,478,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He's a legend in his own mind.

"YA THINK" I mean he thinks?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,006,066 times

Most Arrogant Man in the World - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies