Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,952,430 times

Advertisements

Why didn't Michael Phelps thank his omnipotent Lord and Savior the Federal Government? Afterall, if it wasn't for roads that drove him to the pool, the water delivered by municipal pipes, and the American armed forces for protecting his right to swim in the pool, he wouldn't have won that medal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 06:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,331,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Name a large Muslim-owned business in the US that has spoken out against gay marriage. Better yet, name any large Muslim-owned business in the US.
Not a single mosque in America accepts homosexuals
Muslim Statistics (Homosexuals) - WikiIslam)

So where are all the gay protesters in front of all the mosques?

Anyway, Phelps may have been hypocrite based on that other premise given me on the earlier post, still I think he was sincere when he said about his career "I DID IT".

Old 08-04-2012, 06:40 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,809,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Quoted on Yahoo news today:
"I could probably sum it up in a couple of words and just say, 'I did it.' " Phelps said of his career.

The President would of course disagree.

He would probably tell Phelps someone built the swimming pools, made his food, jumped his bones and paid him endorsement money. Someone else is responsible for Phelps success and career.
Wonder if Obama in the earlier call said,"You Didn't Do That By Yourself".

I for one believe there is such a thing as individual accomplishment and excellence.

Disagree with ONE S by the way, not the two in the topic heading.

i wonder if the obamanator helped him get his weed??

Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,236,735 times
Quote:
Not a single mosque in America accepts homosexuals
Muslim Statistics (Homosexuals) - WikiIslam)

So where are all the gay protesters in front of all the mosques?

Anyway, Phelps may have been hypocrite based on that other premise given me on the earlier post, still I think he was sincere when he said about his career "I DID IT".
So we went from businesses to mosques. No, go ahead, by all means, move the goal posts.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i wonder if the obamanator helped him get his weed??
I hope not.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
So we went from businesses to mosques. No, go ahead, by all means, move the goal posts.
The people in those mosques do work and own businesses.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,236,735 times
Quote:
The people in those mosques do work and own businesses.
Yeah, but I specifically said large companies that are at least comparable to Chick-Fil-A. And remember, the owner/president/whatever corporate position would have to have spoken out against gay marriage since people who are pro-gay marriage don't just boycott because a country is Christian. They boycott if they speak out against gay marriage.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but I specifically said large companies that are at least comparable to Chick-Fil-A. And remember, the owner/president/whatever corporate position would have to have spoken out against gay marriage since people who are pro-gay marriage don't just boycott because a country is Christian. They boycott if they speak out against gay marriage.
It is from their Mosques that they talk of killing gays, I doubt they have "Camel the Hut" anywhere (maybe a dating service of that name?). But this is taking the subject off the matter.

A poster said Phelps was contrary with his current statement compared to the beaming he was doing with the Obama call.
So that seemed a bit hypocritical like the way Gays went after the Chicken place, not Obama the last few years or Muslims that all around the world call for the death of gays. Just as gays were being hypocrites this week, Phelps might have been. That poster did have a good point.

So Phelps might have been a hypocrite the same way the gays were being with the chicken sandwich place. I don't know that for sure though.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,270,935 times
Quote:
Quoted on Yahoo news today:
"I could probably sum it up in a couple of words and just say, 'I did it.' " Phelps said of his career.

The President would of course disagree.

He would probably tell Phelps someone built the swimming pools, made his food, jumped his bones and paid him endorsement money. Someone else is responsible for Phelps success and career.
Wonder if Obama in the earlier call said,"You Didn't Do That By Yourself".

I for one believe there is such a thing as individual accomplishment and excellence.

Disagree with ONE S by the way, not the two in the topic heading.
Phelps built that pool? He supplied the water to fill it? He built the plane that flew him to London? The airport where it landed? All that and he still had time to sew himself a swimsuit...What a guy!

Dumbass thread

Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Phelps built that pool? He supplied the water to fill it? He built the plane that flew him to London? The airport where it landed? All that and he still had time to sew himself a swimsuit...What a guy!

Dumbass thread
He did what we should all do, he took care of his own business. HE DID IT!
The pool did not create a wave to send him to the finish faster. The water did not pick him to float better than the rest.

What you are talking about would be considered the conditions he was placed into to compete.

If there were no capitalistic advertising money, no interest, or no businesses to pay for things there would be no anything, nothing for even a government to tax.

Dumb-a stretch on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies